Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
prospects of survival for todays society
26 January 2012, 18:06, (This post was last modified: 26 January 2012, 18:18 by bigpaul.)
RE: prospects of survival for todays society
(26 January 2012, 17:05)TOF Wrote: [quote='uks' pid='6020' dateline='1327511776']
BP try going to farm and country auctions you can pick up some amazing pieces of kit

Having worked with heavy horses, in a smallholding situation I would go for a couple of native Ponies to work as a pair. The two will eat less than one Shire, and they would be company for each other too. Just my 2p's worth.

thats my thinking with the donkeys-easier to handle-dont eat as much, or maybe mules if i can get them, trouble with horses or ponies is they are highly strung and tend to leap about if they just see as much as a plastic bag in the hedge, donkeys are more placid.
(26 January 2012, 17:05)TOF Wrote: [quote='uks' pid='6020' dateline='1327511776']
BP try going to farm and country auctions you can pick up some amazing pieces of kit

Having worked with heavy horses, in a smallholding situation I would go for a couple of native Ponies to work as a pair. The two will eat less than one Shire, and they would be company for each other too. Just my 2p's worth.

thats my thinking with the donkeys-easier to handle-dont eat as much, or maybe mules if i can get them, trouble with horses or ponies is they are highly strung and tend to leap about if they just see as much as a plastic bag in the hedge, donkeys are more placid.
(26 January 2012, 17:05)TOF Wrote: Having worked with heavy horses, in a smallholding situation I would go for a couple of native Ponies to work as a pair. The two will eat less than one Shire, and they would be company for each other too. Just my 2p's worth.

(I'LL TRY AGAIN!! this bloody thing dosent want to work sometimesTongue) thats my thinking with the donkeys or mules if i can get them, easier to handle and dont eat so much, horses are very highly strung and take flight if the even see a plastic bag in the hedge.
(26 January 2012, 17:05)TOF Wrote: Having worked with heavy horses, in a smallholding situation I would go for a couple of native Ponies to work as a pair. The two will eat less than one Shire, and they would be company for each other too. Just my 2p's worth.
thats why i'm always banging on about donkeys, much more placid and dont eat so much, horses are very highly strung and tend to flight if they see as much as a plastic bag in the hedge.

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: prospects of survival for todays society - by bigpaul - 26 January 2012, 18:06