Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family planning
13 October 2019, 13:01,
RE: Family planning
Pete , you have mentioned in other posts , that you crate up supplies into manageable amounts and the campervan is normally stocked to within a inch of its life …..so I think you have that covered , with crated stuff ready to go at a drop of a hat ! I can not see any flaw in your prep ….list......yes makes sense ….having a check BO list will be essential ! and having all crates marked up ….and a loading order ….Northern Raider used lists for good reason ….I recently left behind my satellite dish (and under no pressure at all ) turning around the caravan and doing a 50 mile round trip …..diesel and time …...we can't make silly mistakes if we decide to bug out …..everything Must be in place and ready to go and go right now ! …..all dependants need to know the plan ! and the roll they are to play within it, two way coms would be a big help .

Most of us , prefer the bugging in scenario …..myself included , and to that end you can lull yourself into putting more effort in that area and bugging out becomes secondary to all calculations and choices …….bloody huge mistake imho …...you may well have no choice at all ….if you need to bug out and when! ……..your BOL ? route or routes , caches on those routes pre done and ready for your pick up there is lots for us to consider and prepare for , there are many aspects that preppers HAVE to plan for to gain the advantage and the keys to survival …..the smart way is to use the good times to mitigate the bad times ahead .

Bugging in ………...the most common reasons …..all preps are a known quantity, knowledge of your area , knowledge of local water , knowledge of local food locations, knowledge of local people (at least past knowledge) to name just a few.

Bugging out...…….to your chosen location , circumstances ….you are ahead of the curve or forced to react to what ever situation ……..in any case you will have to take,carry,or have pre cached supplies ……..in any event you will be at your most vulnerable , and the most difficult situations to overcome .

Messages In This Thread
Family planning - by Pete Grey - 13 October 2019, 00:02
RE: Family planning - by Straight Shooter - 13 October 2019, 13:01
RE: Family planning - by Pete Grey - 14 October 2019, 12:06
RE: Family planning - by CharlesHarris - 15 October 2019, 01:04
RE: Family planning - by Pete Grey - 15 October 2019, 23:35