Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
throwing knifes
8 April 2012, 23:39,
RE: throwing knifes
Love the throwing knives. Very handy piece of kit, and surprisingly easy to get the hang of (especially when you've been training with normal knives). Good accuracy, gotta get the range right though, that's the most important thing. You can use any knife as a thrower though, just 'bowl' it underarm. Not a huge amount of power, but it'll still stick in ya. Google Vladimir Vasselli and check out his videos.

Oh, don't practice indoors, especially when you've had a few beers. I got a bit carried away, and speared the mantle piece. Had to cover it up with a strategically placed statue Big Grin

Throwing spikes are good too, but they're only for chucking at soft things. No good when you launch 'em at the fence - they have a habit of bouncing back.

Best thing would be to get yourself a load of cheap darts. Keep them in the wallet thing you get, you've got a great weapon, and it's legal to carry them. They really hurt too...
9 April 2012, 01:09,
any small sharp thing that you can throw at a closer range is good for a distraction tool esp. if thrown to the face area.
you don't have to hit them but it could buy you time to stike
to win the war, you must be willing to die
9 April 2012, 01:10,
Darts are now going into my Bob :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
9 April 2012, 10:41,
Darts are also good at 'walling' a car tyre. It's a slow puncture, but one that needs the whole tyre replaced.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 April 2012, 12:41,
TUT TUT 13 what have you been upto
to win the war, you must be willing to die
9 April 2012, 15:02,
(9 April 2012, 10:41)Scythe13 Wrote: Darts are also good at 'walling' a car tyre. It's a slow puncture, but one that needs the whole tyre replaced.

Take the flight off an you've got a VERY concealable weapon. Will pierce through most things quite easily. Great little shiv.
9 April 2012, 18:53,
(9 April 2012, 12:41)grumpy old man Wrote: TUT TUT 13 what have you been upto

I've done nothing illegal....today......or any other day....honest. I'm a well behaved S13!!! Wouldn't dare brake the law, especially now that I'm building caches! Once I've got them all sorted and am able to get away from where I live, that's another matter!!! haha, I'm kidding.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 April 2012, 19:04,
(9 April 2012, 01:10)Stokey Wrote: Darts are now going into my Bob :-)
You can buy "darts" for air rifles too... and bugger me they hurt, we used to shoot each other with them as kids in the woods... and you could always tip them with poison.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R...Categories
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 April 2012, 01:40,
Found this on my sons phone today, looks like he has been teaching himself.

Not very constant, but worth learning.
10 April 2012, 12:09,
Why throw a weapon to someone which they can use on you when you miss?