Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather Threats & the Egyptian River
14 February 2021, 15:00,
RE: Weather Threats & the Egyptian River
(14 February 2021, 14:53)Pete Grey Wrote: Coal....kindling....damp matches....taking out the ashes not this generation.

Bedtime....2 or 3 blankets....eiderdown (passed down from your nan and recovered by mom)....hot water bottle....or a fire brick (heated in the oven and wrapped in flannel)....pyjama trousers tucked in your socks....woolly hat....we’ve been there.
we've all been there, but not this generation.
14 February 2021, 15:50,
And not forgetting the sheets of newspaper ( broadsheets ) layered between the sheets .....oh aye , we were pretty affluent back then.......broken biscuits , cut apples and the big stair at your elder brothers waiting to see ( and judge when ) all this gear was coming you’r way ...plus the helping it on remarks......mam when is ........ going to get new shoes or jacket , sometimes I would work both in the same sentence ........soon son.....soon .
To take a look back in times past, its easy to see future direction you need to be.
14 February 2021, 15:53,
didnt happen to me SS, only child.
19 February 2021, 13:32,
MB and CH good to hear that you're treating the conditions as business as usual ;-)

I love the two last lines on the extreme weather warning.

Over here we get TV weather forecasts that see the need when forecasting
rain to tell us all to carry umbrellas, and when forecasting cold to wear a coat outdoors.

Can you imagine how confused the population would be without these instructions?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580