Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screwfix
24 June 2021, 21:41,
RE: Screwfix
I wear 'clothes' (d'uh) - but I don't, as a habit, walk around looking like a camo-wearing reject from the SAS on a daily basis (ever, really). Whilst I do appreciate the need for durable and resilient clothing for certain circumstances - I wear overalls when working on the cars for example - I don't have or use many of the made-for-purpose clothing the likes of which Screwfix (and others) sell.

I was hoping to get some feedback on the quality of any of the items they offer - which are the best weatherproof, best for crawling through undergrowth (not carrying a rifle but maybe foraging for fruits like blackberries), best for even WARM weather (yet resilient) etc.

As a prepper I have backed up all my normal clothing (multiple sets of socks, skiddies, tops, jumpers etc) but other than a couple of pairs of overalls (Dickies as it happens) and work boots I don't use 'commercial' gear but expect it's a lot better for living rough than a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

This is the point of the thread. If anyone has purchased 'workwear' that they think is above-and-beyond when it comes to durability etc then I'd like to know what it was and where it came from.

Just remembered - I have a pair of waterproof over trousers, elasticated waist/legs but they feel like you're wearing a plastic bag over each leg (they're not plastic that I can tell though) but they do a great job of keeping you dry.

Messages In This Thread
Screwfix - by kellys_eye - 23 June 2021, 21:16
RE: Screwfix - by Mortblanc - 24 June 2021, 01:42
RE: Screwfix - by bigpaul - 24 June 2021, 08:03
RE: Screwfix - by Straight Shooter - 24 June 2021, 11:58
RE: Screwfix - by bigpaul - 24 June 2021, 13:04
RE: Screwfix - by Talon - 24 June 2021, 13:22
RE: Screwfix - by Talon - 24 June 2021, 13:24
RE: Screwfix - by Mortblanc - 24 June 2021, 21:26
RE: Screwfix - by kellys_eye - 24 June 2021, 21:41
RE: Screwfix - by CharlesHarris - 24 June 2021, 22:10
RE: Screwfix - by bigpaul - 25 June 2021, 08:00