Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel shortage ?
29 September 2021, 11:52,
RE: Fuel shortage ?
fuel is readily available again on Merseyside my two local filling stations never ran out and never rationed fuel , think it will correct itself nationwide over the next few days
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 September 2021, 14:26,
seems to be the Texaco stations around here that have no fuel.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 September 2021, 20:08,
Just about back to normal locally ..........just waiting on what they are going to dream up next.....anyone have any plans on how to build a astroid shelter that can withstand a direct hit ? .
30 September 2021, 03:04,
We have a cliché over here that I can see happening in a news room in London.

Two bored reporters thinking up mischief and one says to the other:

"Hold my beer and watch this!"
30 September 2021, 11:56,
Yep, normalising here as well. Just wondering who exactly is reporting food shortages - we don't have any such problems around here. Just mischief making??
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
30 September 2021, 12:49,
local garage has fuel again, not sure how long it will last, local talk says only 2 pumps working.
I've still got a full tank.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2021, 14:36,
I got my letter today asking if i'd consider going back truck driving! fat chance of that happening!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
30 September 2021, 15:00,
with a backlog of 54,000 truck licences at DVLA I can see why there is a shortage of drivers.
30 September 2021, 18:51,
Sort of puts a new light on allowing politicians and doctors to decide what an "essential worker" happens to be. Letting people out of touch with reality run every aspect of life buys you chaos.

And every time they identify a new alphabet letter they want to extend lockdown another month, 3 months, a year?

From what I understand TPTB are treating all those expired licenses as invalid, not delayed due to COVID, and the fines and penalties are as if you had intentionally broken the laws even though it was made impossible for you to obey the laws.
30 September 2021, 20:28,
I popped in for fuel last night around 23.00 and not a car to be seen. At least half the pumps had fuel so it looks like everything has calmed down and/or everyone has fuelled up.
Safe to say the panic is over for the moment up here, let’s hope the rest of the country gets back to normality.