Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Last!!
7 October 2021, 18:22,
At Last!!
Yep, I have at last managed to persuade the OH to invest in a nice generator! It's not the model I wanted - a nice diesel thingy - but it's a compact little petrol one that has the capacity to run my freezers. After having the talk with OH - (not THAT talk), the one where I indicate that I should not be pleased if a power cut meant I lost the contents of my freezers - he decided it was safer to agree and get a genny.

Very pleased now!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
7 October 2021, 22:25,
RE: At Last!!
Well done Mary .....you will need it in the coming months and the fuel to run it ! ....check out ...wood gas on Ytube as a backup fuel !
8 October 2021, 07:30,
Well, SS, all this talk about power outages is making me a bit twitchy!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 October 2021, 08:11,
the govt say there wont be power cuts this winter which makes me more convinced that there WILL be power cuts.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2021, 09:56,
Well done Mary. Your OH sounds like me.... I also had to be chivvied into purchase of a generator by my wife. ;-)

She'd taken notice when I pointed out that the central heating system would stop in event of a long term power cut.

We went for a key-start non-inverter model. This lets OH get it started if I'm away. Output from the Gen plugs into a wall mounted inverter system, which in turn to feed into the house.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2021, 13:17,
with the undersea cable from France to Kent out of action until March and Hinckley Point C not expected to be ready for another 5 years I cannot see how we can have enough electric for our ever expanding population.
I may be wrong but it wouldnt be silly to prepare for outages this winter "just in case", if it dosent happen then all we will be is a little premature but better that than freezing to death.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.