Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are they???
18 February 2024, 10:45,
RE: Where are they???
I see marching off to the woods with a backpack, stove, tarp and a water straw, as a losing strategy.
Were millions to do this, they'd create a humanitarian emergency all of their own. The rescue services, forestry services etc could be swamped with idiots causing problems or killing each other.
Far better to bug in, having already prepped and thought the situation through.
I do think there's a huge surge of interest in prepping, it is becoming somewhat mainstream, because people have seen how badly govts respond to real crisis and are even planning to create them.
18 February 2024, 11:50,
I have lost count of the ones who say " if SHTF I'm going to live in the woods", if they do they will not survive the winter, even in a mild climate and it will be a Stag affair, I cant see any modern female putting up with the conditions.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 February 2024, 13:00,
Many who have not prepped before just see it as the Merkin way which is to disappear into the wilderness and live off the land. You can't do that in the UK and that is the very reason I set up this site. The show a way we can increase our chances in the UK
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 February 2024, 14:09,
you cant do it in the US either, not without many years experience.
people that talk about it have no clue what is involved.
I have lived off grid but the percentage that have done so is very small.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2024, 10:55,
The young don't have the interest in prepping, they have fun and pleasure on their minds.
It takes getting older, having responsibilities (especially children) to focus minds on "what if".
To an extent it's natural and it doesn't help, that modern culture is designed to give young people an endorphin high immediately.
Distraction and amusement, is a long held scenario for keeping people's minds off what politicians, don't want you to think about, since the time of the Romans and "bread and circuses".
A % will always be asleep, there's nothing to be done about it.
19 February 2024, 11:01,
(19 February 2024, 10:55)Petertherabbit Wrote: The young don't have the interest in prepping, they have fun and pleasure on their minds.
It takes getting older, having responsibilities (especially children) to focus minds on "what if".
To an extent it's natural and it doesn't help, that modern culture is designed to give young people an endorphin high immediately.
Distraction and amusement, is a long held scenario for keeping people's minds off what politicians, don't want you to think about, since the time of the Romans and "bread and circuses".
A % will always be asleep, there's nothing to be done about it.
I have tried to get extended family into prepping but they are all sheeple, step grandson (mid 20s) has a good job and good pay but he spends it all on having a good time and has not saved one penny, so much for the youth of today.