Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine
20 February 2022, 11:19,
RE: Ukraine
100% agree Joe / Bp ! .....anything go’s to hide the imminent collapse of the banking system ! And the added bonus of another party to pin the blame on ! ......who’s that coming over the hill ? ....Covid 19 ....nooooooo omicron ....... nooooooo is it the Russians .......um um nooooooo is it the little green men from outer space ....ops sorry to early !
20 February 2022, 11:34,
the whole world is in a mess, I dont know where it will end but makes me think TEOTWAWKI is more of a reality than it ever has been. keep prepping.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2022, 00:35,
My betting is Mr P will shore up the Dombas region and make Belarus a Russian vassal state creating a buffer zone (and permanent armed deterant), in keeping with that Russian tradition of buffer states. The Russian energy sector goes from strength to strength, why risk a full invasion when they have the black sea resources already? So the question is more likely, will he go further than that?

Men in Black knocking on your door to take your corned beef? If it gets to that level they will be too busy with riot control and managing supermarket lines. Preppers are still a tiny minority and I really can't see governments devoting resources to them in such extreme situations, they would more likely be involved in large security and food allocation operations from large existing food stores.
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
21 February 2022, 09:50,
What Mr P does in Ukraine is none of my business, until not long ago Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union and so they have history together, I just hope it dosent spill over into other countries and that the UK dosent get involved, no "boots on the ground".
Rationing as we knew it in WW2 will not be possible, too many supermarkets for the limited number of Police and Armed Forces to cope with, they will have their hands full trying to keep order in London and other big cities to worry about my stock of corned beef and baked beans out here in the rural area.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2022, 16:22,
Putin has invaded the break away areas of Ukraine and not a single post on the forum since it happened, really? is it of so little interest to Brits? or are people that wrapped up in their lives that nothing else matters? it will matter when WW3 erupts but it'll be too late for most then.
22 February 2022, 17:09,
Yes BP it is quiet on the forum even without Ukraine ! Most on here wait to react to posts / threads by others and only when it’s of particular interest ....which is the way it’s been for ages ....which would be fine if enough members participated , but only a few bother to post or creat a new thread .....we are few BP ! .....people get fed up with to same old same old I suppose and take a break from it all .....who knows ? .....as for Ukraine I would imagine all the regulars are keeping a very close eye on events taking place and making some prepping adjustments to counter future complications .....I note a lot of bank branches are being closed down ( temporary) yeah right ! Hearing also people are getting their money OUT .....mine is out ! I would rather be three years early than three seconds late ! ......keep your eyes and ears on full alert ! .......keep prepping ! .
22 February 2022, 18:45,
IMHO the Biden administration likely released intel that may compromise sources and methods which will be needed for a more serious situation in the near future. I missed my guess on how the Ukraine war would start, thinking Kiev would provoke the conflict. It turned out that Putin did a replay of the Soviet intervention in A-stan with a Saddam 19th Province twist. Hmmm. I didn’t see that coming. Am told by friends at Ft. Leavenworth that folks are having their leaves and passes cancelled, being recalled to duty stations. This could take on a life of its own fairly quickly.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
22 February 2022, 22:05,
He now has a way in to flood other parts of the country with spies, assassins, and kidnap squads, or have I been reading too many espionage novels?
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
23 February 2022, 00:54,
(22 February 2022, 16:22)bigpaul Wrote: Putin has invaded the break away areas of Ukraine and not a single post on the forum since it happened, really? is it of so little interest to Brits ?

There’s nothing WE can do but watch and wait, other than tighten up on our preps.
23 February 2022, 09:29,
Putin wont stop at Ukraine, he will also want to retake all the old Soviet bloc countries and unlike Ukraine they are all NATO members so this thing will escalate, increased prices in the shops is just the start of it.