Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food restrictions
25 April 2022, 02:59,
RE: Food restrictions
Cooking oil is the basic necessity of almost the entire fast food industry and most home cooks that do any frying. Those fast food places are the same ones you have been complaining about ruining home prepped food assembly. Lack of oil is going to be a big deal in the overall feeding of the population scheme.

As long as you have some fat bacon for breakfast there will be some oil to fry your spuds and eggs but oil, margarine or shortening is needed for most quick cooking, which is what you will be doing if you are trying to save fuel.

You can cook without it but it means someone staying home and tending a fire all day to either boil or roast a meal. Not many have the knowledge or time. That is why they are stopping for the fried stuff, though it may no longer be affordable soon.

Beef drippings sound like a plan, if you have cattle. How many head do you have munching out back?
How many hogs do you have on hand?

Even though you might not like the concept that it is too late to operate in a reactive mode, this time it may well be. This is the separation between the prepper that is looking two weeks down the road because these things always sort themselves out, and the prepper that is looking a year down the road knowing that the government is more worried about who had a Christmas party than how in hell they are going to keep food flowing into the country.

I am not saying not to plant, I simply know that most are not in a position to plant, have never done more than a container garden and have not the slightest ability to grow enough to last a full year. And yes, I am talking about "preppers".

I have seen the raggedy little veg patches people try to grow without fertilizer or manure. Usually they are completely nonproductive. A waste of seed. A good organic garden requires as much manure as it has dirt and still gives way less yield.

One good thing is that most small plot growers have a bit of nitrate based fertilizer in the shed and can get a little into the ground. It only takes a couple of spoonful per plant to get some growth. My own problem has always been using too much and burning the crop.

Messages In This Thread
Food restrictions - by Joe - 23 April 2022, 21:01
RE: Food restrictions - by Straight Shooter - 23 April 2022, 22:41
RE: Food restrictions - by Mortblanc - 24 April 2022, 00:23
RE: Food restrictions - by Straight Shooter - 24 April 2022, 07:24
RE: Food restrictions - by bigpaul - 24 April 2022, 07:54
RE: Food restrictions - by Straight Shooter - 24 April 2022, 09:13
RE: Food restrictions - by bigpaul - 24 April 2022, 11:22
RE: Food restrictions - by Mortblanc - 25 April 2022, 02:59
RE: Food restrictions - by Straight Shooter - 26 April 2022, 07:34
RE: Food restrictions - by bigpaul - 26 April 2022, 08:47
RE: Food restrictions - by bigpaul - 26 April 2022, 08:50