Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nuclear war
16 July 2023, 22:39,
RE: nuclear war
(16 July 2023, 08:10)Sekwo Wrote:
(15 July 2023, 21:05)Pete Grey Wrote: Do your research wikipedia is useful.
You lost me there. Wikipedia is one of the least trustworthy sources on the planet, particularly when it comes to anything environ-mental.

The only area where direct gamma rays is a problem, is the area where you're going to die from blast. And for most people, there is not hope of survival. But that area is small and so we can ignore it ... as you should ... because you cannot change the outcome.

Remember the wise words of Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott.

“ Ye cannae change the laws of physics”
16 July 2023, 22:47,
(16 July 2023, 22:39)Pete Grey Wrote:
(16 July 2023, 08:10)Sekwo Wrote:
(15 July 2023, 21:05)Pete Grey Wrote: Do your research wikipedia is useful.
You lost me there. Wikipedia is one of the least trustworthy sources on the planet, particularly when it comes to anything environ-mental.

The only area where direct gamma rays is a problem, is the area where you're going to die from blast. And for most people, there is not hope of survival. But that area is small and so we can ignore it ... as you should ... because you cannot change the outcome.

Remember the wise words of Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott.

“ Ye cannae change the laws of physics”
In science every "law" is merely a hypothesis waiting to be changed when contrary evidence appears. We only talk of "laws" to avoid scaring the public.
17 July 2023, 15:16,
So what you are saying is that there are no reliable figures or collected data anywhere so you can make up whatever "facts" you want to argue and use that to bash any divergence from your ideas.

You are out of your flippin' mind!
17 July 2023, 19:24,
Totally bonkers Wink.
18 July 2023, 07:41,
(17 July 2023, 15:16)Mortblanc Wrote: So what you are saying is that there are no reliable figures or collected data anywhere so you can make up whatever "facts" you want to argue and use that to bash any divergence from your ideas.

I'm not saying any such thing. Science changes when reliable evidence dictates it must change, it isn't fixed. And, if you understand science, you'll understand that there is always a lot of uncertainty and things can easily change as new evidence becomes available.
18 July 2023, 12:59,
I think we should all keep an open mind and further discussion is required ? If you feel this is a waste of your time , then there’s no need to reply throwing insults is an easy way out ,rather than arguing your own view or belief ! …..you never can tell ….we might even learn something ! One of the problems here on this forum is giving enough time for new members to bed in and get to know them and them us , why follow the line if you do not believe in it ? ….nobody has too …..if you think a member is out of his mind or bonkers …. Easy dealt with , use the ignore button …..if they are out of their minds or bonkers time will find them out ……besides I am the biggest out of my mind and bonkers member on this forum , and I view any competition as a threat , fuck I’ve worked hard for it ! .
18 July 2023, 13:04,
well said SS, this is a free speech forum,everyone should say what they think, we all have opinions and not everyone will agree with us, I've been slated enough times on here and other forums for my opinions, water off a ducks back.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 July 2023, 15:05,
(18 July 2023, 07:41)Sekwo Wrote:
(17 July 2023, 15:16)Mortblanc Wrote: So what you are saying is that there are no reliable figures or collected data anywhere so you can make up whatever "facts" you want to argue and use that to bash any divergence from your ideas.

I'm not saying any such thing. Science changes when reliable evidence dictates it must change, it isn't fixed. And, if you understand science, you'll understand that there is always a lot of uncertainty and things can easily change as new evidence becomes available.

Have you any scientific qualifications that would allow you to challenge long established and proven facts ?, or are just a conspiracist ?.
19 July 2023, 16:01,
What ! We need qualifications to be a part of this forum now ? Or we are conspiracy theorists ? All most of us on here are just normal everyday types and bounce our opinions about , if we do that some good comes out of the interaction and better understandings can come about and may well change views and outlooks .

Sticking rigid to an ideal or view can be less than useful ……what is the problem with challenging main stream thinking ? Why except main thinking ? People who challenge can end up changing everything that was once called normal …..in short evolution takes place everywhere ! When people speak out and can be heard and not stifled out of hand ! Things can change for the better for all…..that’s why advances take place , question everything !
20 July 2023, 09:27,
(19 July 2023, 15:05)Pete Grey Wrote:
(18 July 2023, 07:41)Sekwo Wrote:

Have you any scientific qualifications that would allow you to challenge long established and proven facts ?, or are just a conspiracist ?.
Yes. And no, I'm not challenging any scientific facts. I just understand the science. I can be wrong, but not as wrong as Woka paedo on every "environ-mental" subject. Science is what happens in reality, not in the propaganda unit of the environ-mentalists that write woka paedo.