Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK dudes - air attack warnings.
24 March 2022, 10:14,
RE: UK dudes - air attack warnings.
(23 March 2022, 17:46)Ajax Wrote:
(23 March 2022, 14:21)bigpaul Wrote: tv, radio and the internet will be useless once the power grid goes down probably in the first attack.
phone masts will make a good target too.

I agree.

I recently got one of those hand cranked radios in case one (I know this is highly unlikely) radio station is still up.

Every night before bed, I pop my little radio and my phone in the microwave ....NO I DO NOT TURN IT ON! If anything is still up, I'll find it and have an idea of what is going on.
Many here will say this is a rubbish idea. I agree. I do not have the money to invest in comms systems and preppers don't group up - so what's the point?

So, the microwave ...

It shields against radiation. Have you ever seen the 'saucer sledging' scene in national lampoons Christmas vacation: "Every time she turns on the microwave I p!ss my pants and forget who I am for half an hour2 - Randy Quaid.
I am so sorry. This was not at all relevant. This is just how my mind works.

To check if your microwave seals are good...
1, put your mobile in the microwave - DO NOT TURN THE MICROWAVE ON!
2, Using a different phone, call the number of your phone that you have just popped into the nuckeywave.
3, If the phone inside the microwave rings - your seals are bust and your microwave is leaking.
4, If you get a missed call - the seals are good.
5, If it keep that stuff in, then it keeps the stuff out - to a degree. Yields and radius and all that comes into play.
If you cannot afford a Faraday cage, then this is a cheaper alternative but I only recommended NON LIFE SAVING EQUIPMENT.
If YOU need and electronic device to be working then you must research all alternatives for this scenario.
This advice is for radios and phones only.

TBH I couldnt care less if mobiles and the internet works post collapse, I'll be doing my own thing and to hell with all the sheeple.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2022, 17:41,
(23 March 2022, 17:19)Ajax Wrote: I only recently noticed how many 'guests' we on here. The figure was way down the bottom of the page.
Perhaps one of the Mods can answer this next question: Can guests comment or are they only allowed to read stuff?
Guests can read only. You need to be registered to write although there are only a few commentators there are a lot of readers especially on the main and file sites where the data is.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 March 2022, 17:59,
The problem we preppers have, or sorry, one of the problems is that we are always on the look out for like minded people. I have a couple around here that if it does go tits up I would happily welcome into my group. There are others though that I won't have anything to do with and a few that know I prep but have no interest in doing so themselves. I'll have worry about them when I need to.

In the meantime there are a lot of people waking up. Looking around and realising that a line has been crossed in their minds. What can they do to prep? Those are the sort of people we can help with information. So lets do so but don't compromise your opsec.

That they are seeing the light makes them like minded, that it took so long means they don't really think like us. A contradiction I know.

This is why people move out of town because of high crime and then look at converting their new place into the shit holes they just left.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 March 2022, 18:13,
I see the unfolding chaos around the world, but it's no good, I can't panic about it. Panic is not in my vocabulary and my OH makes dead calm look choppy. I can only do what I can do, and thanks to a lot of the info received on this site, I think I have managed to set up my household and property to cover what I can. Luckily I have the space to grow quite a lot of fruit and veg; my larder and freezers are well stocked, and we have a good selection of kit for use if and when necessary. Just going to carry on - hope for the best and prep as best I can for the worst!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
24 March 2022, 19:36,
MaryN, That is all we can do we can prepare what we can and hope that the work pays off. No point in panicking. Panic is the mind killer, got that from Dune, and one of the many different things I learnt off the TV.

The problem is that we are told all the time that good men shouldn't do anything. Give up your guns, we will look after you. Don't fight back. Let them get what they want and we will sort it out later. all the way up to, give up the nukes you got from the fall of the USSR. You don't need them. The West will look after you. We are stupid so we think giving up your arms and doing nothing is what makes you a good man.
Skean Dhude
27 March 2022, 01:27,
Yes you're right, everything was replaced by the Civil Contingencies Act, and each local authority has to create their own plan of what they will do rather than it being a top-down thing. It is actually quite a frightening document which gives HUGE amounts of power to those 'in power'. Check out my review of it's powers in laymans terms here:

https://britishprepper.com/shtf-martial-...artial_Law

I don't know if you guys have ever seen that old PDF of American Executive Orders, I cover a few on my site above, but I can't find the original document which I think was part of a 'FEMA camp guide' in quite poor quality some 15 years ago when I started researching all of this.

Combine the above with the Coronavirus Act of 2020, as well as the quietly ushered in Health Protection Regulations of 2020 which are actually the main bulk of the covid restrictions which were forced up on us - and you have the perfect legislative recipe for a medical martial law scenario. Thank God they stopped when they did, they could have pushed this all the way but for some reason took a step back.

Don't even get me started on what the WHO is planning (see link below), it usurps all of these acts, and is basically a world health fascism just set up for some sort of digital ID, across many nations.

https://www.who.int/governance/eb/who_co...ion_en.pdf
Check out my Prepping & Survival site dedicated to UK preppers at BritishPrepper.com!
27 March 2022, 17:10,
I did mention in another post .....looks like you are a fair way down the road BPrep ....correction ....I can just make out your arse from here ! Good to have you onboard pal .
27 March 2022, 19:11,
(24 March 2022, 18:13)MaryN Wrote: I see the unfolding chaos around the world, but it's no good, I can't panic about it. Panic is not in my vocabulary and my OH makes dead calm look choppy. I can only do what I can do, and thanks to a lot of the info received on this site, I think I have managed to set up my household and property to cover what I can. Luckily I have the space to grow quite a lot of fruit and veg; my larder and freezers are well stocked, and we have a good selection of kit for use if and when necessary. Just going to carry on - hope for the best and prep as best I can for the worst!

Mary as you say, don’t panic and prep as best you can for what you can, I was reminded today of the Serenity Prayer........
27 March 2022, 20:24,
Good for you Pete ......and a reminder for all of us ! .
2 April 2022, 19:49,
(27 March 2022, 19:11)Pete Grey Wrote:
(24 March 2022, 18:13)MaryN Wrote: I see the unfolding chaos around the world, but it's no good, I can't panic about it. Panic is not in my vocabulary and my OH makes dead calm look choppy. I can only do what I can do, and thanks to a lot of the info received on this site, I think I have managed to set up my household and property to cover what I can. Luckily I have the space to grow quite a lot of fruit and veg; my larder and freezers are well stocked, and we have a good selection of kit for use if and when necessary. Just going to carry on - hope for the best and prep as best I can for the worst!

Mary as you say, don’t panic and prep as best you can for what you can, I was reminded today of the Serenity Prayer........

Oh, that is lovely. It is always nice when we get reassurance.

A few minutes ago (I had PM to answer) I was given a passage from Jerimiah. Obviously this is not a direct quite but the skinny is: God has had enough and is going to be laying the smack down.

Each to their own. You all will do what you want and that is great. I am certainly not telling anyone what to do or what to believe.
This is a place for preppy types to talk, and I'm just telling you what I was just given.

Best wishes to all you great people.