Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
6 July 2024, 20:21,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
New preppers and guests.....have you made a plan yet ?

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
7 July 2024, 17:14,
(6 July 2024, 20:21)Pete Grey Wrote: New preppers and guests.....have you made a plan yet ?

Our potable water is kept in jerrycans, our backup is our waterbutts, fed from the roof, next job is to empty them and flush out the muck, should keep me busy for a couple of days.

Water storage should be an essential part of any plan.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
8 July 2024, 13:20,
(7 July 2024, 17:14)Pete Grey Wrote:
(6 July 2024, 20:21)Pete Grey Wrote: New preppers and guests.....have you made a plan yet ?

Our potable water is kept in jerrycans, our backup is our waterbutts, fed from the roof, next job is to empty them and flush out the muck, should keep me busy for a couple of days.

I have a filter from the down pipe into the water butt, its a sock type filter made for those big square water containers that come on pallets, available on ebay, all the muck is trapped in the bottom of the sock and only water filters through into the water butt.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 July 2024, 18:32,
(8 July 2024, 13:20)bigpaul Wrote:

I have a filter from the down pipe into the water butt, its a sock type filter made for those big square water containers that come on pallets, available on ebay, all the muck is trapped in the bottom of the sock and only water filters through into the water butt.

I’ll look for some of these filters, thanks BP.

10 July 2024, 19:50,

Our dried food and canned food crates, together with kitchen stocks and the stuff in the fridge and two freezers will last us five or six months.

We have had to stop growing vegetables but still have a variety of seeds should we need them (kept in mason jars with oxygen absorbers in the fridge.

11 July 2024, 13:18,
I get my seeds from "Realseeds.co.uk", they only do heritage seeds, so far I havent had any problems with them and I have been using them for a couple of years now, I cant say the same for some plants I have bought in, even local ones.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 July 2024, 13:42,
(8 July 2024, 18:32)Pete Grey Wrote:
(8 July 2024, 13:20)bigpaul Wrote:

I’ll look for some of these filters, thanks BP.
the correct name is : Nylon filter for IBC water tank.
you will also need a large jubilee clip and a screwdriver.
they are supposed to be washable and reusable.
11 July 2024, 19:25,
Thanks for the info BP, I will have a look.

NOW EVERYONE.....MOST IMPORTANT.....BEFORE THEY ARE BANNED OR LICENSED.

ANYONE WHO WANTS A CROSSBOW.......GET ONE NOW.......TIME IS RUNNING OUT.

12 July 2024, 09:01,
(11 July 2024, 19:25)Pete Grey Wrote: Thanks for the info BP, I will have a look.

and get as many bolts as you can especially the ones with the interchangeable heads.
12 July 2024, 12:35,
(12 July 2024, 09:01)bigpaul Wrote:
(11 July 2024, 19:25)Pete Grey Wrote: Thanks for the info BP, I will have a look.

and get as many bolts as you can especially the ones with the interchangeable heads.

Don’t get the most powerful bow you can or you’ll most likely do your back in.