Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long would it take you to get high enough
15 April 2012, 11:42,
RE: How long would it take you to get high enough
(15 April 2012, 00:18)Paul Wrote: Have boat, will float.

You really don't wanna be in a boat if a Tsunami hits Tongue
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
15 April 2012, 12:47,
we are 26 ft above sea level so im fuckedSad
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 April 2012, 12:52,
(15 April 2012, 12:47)Barneyboy Wrote: we are 26 ft above sea level so im fuckedSad

how about a hot air balloon?Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2012, 12:59,
(15 April 2012, 12:47)Barneyboy Wrote: we are 26 ft above sea level so im fuckedSad

Depends on how far inland, what is in the way of the flood and 26 foot doesn't sound much but it is at least above sea level.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 April 2012, 13:02,
we are in norfolk

just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 April 2012, 13:03,
awfully flat Norfolk, spent a holiday there in 1990 could see for miles and miles!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 April 2012, 15:33,
I'm 160 feet above sea-level. But the coast isn't far away from me (I'm in Southampton) so not sure if I'm buggered or not?
16 April 2012, 16:58,
(15 April 2012, 11:42)Stokey Wrote:
(15 April 2012, 00:18)Paul Wrote: Have boat, will float.

You really don't wanna be in a boat if a Tsunami hits Tongue

Alternative is swimming and the water's cold.
Whats the guess-timate of even an hours notice by TPTB that it's going to get wet? Probably a little less than not a lot.

Seriously though, I've got access to a nice little open sea lift raft with a CO2 inflate which has got to be better than trying to outrun a Tsunami along with everyone else on the roads when I've got a 100 km (60 mile) drive to get anyway close to 300m (1000 feet) ASL.

16 April 2012, 22:23,
Apparently we would get 2 hours notice, but I do believe that would be by MSM as I don't think we have sirens any more, so if at night not many would know about it, good luck with the boat.
17 April 2012, 14:05,
knowing what this govt is like, we will either get notice in advance-therefore scareing all the sheeple(remember the fuel strike?) or they wont tell us at all, in which case it would be everyone for themselves!