Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duct Tape - Lord of All Tapes
10 September 2012, 09:10,
RE: Duct Tape - Lord of All Tapes
It appears that in the UK most of the stocks of Duct Tape and Cable ties have now been bought by ladies of a certain age, who have just read 52 Shades of Gray !!!, Sounds like a painful way to do your bikini line !!!! Smile

10 September 2012, 15:16,
You can iron a patch of duct tape onto tents, waterproofs, any fabric really, with an iron on the lowest/ nylon setting. It softens up the adhesive and really bonds it together.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
10 September 2012, 15:20,
(10 September 2012, 15:16)Tibbs735 Wrote: You can iron a patch of duct tape onto tents, waterproofs, any fabric really, with an iron on the lowest/ nylon setting. It softens up the adhesive and really bonds it together.

Brilliant! There's hope for Blow Up Betty yet!!
10 September 2012, 15:27,
(10 September 2012, 15:20)00111001 Wrote:
(10 September 2012, 15:16)Tibbs735 Wrote: You can iron a patch of duct tape onto tents, waterproofs, any fabric really, with an iron on the lowest/ nylon setting. It softens up the adhesive and really bonds it together.

Brilliant! There's hope for Blow Up Betty yet!!

yeah, use her for (airgun) target practice!!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 September 2012, 19:01,
Duct tape, super glue and Wd40. I f##king love 'em.

I know it sounds a bit weird but the smell of WD40 is one of my favourite things .
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
10 September 2012, 19:04, (This post was last modified: 10 September 2012, 19:05 by Hrusai.)
(10 September 2012, 08:59)00111001 Wrote: I found a better tape than duct tape. I know, I know, calm yourselves Wink

It's called ASBO tape (no, not that kind of ASBO) I found it when I moved into my last flat. It's black, stronger than duct tape, and it stays sticky for ages, even when it's left out. I tested it, pulled a strip of duct tape out and laid it in the airing cupboard, sticky side up. Did the same with the asbo tape. Duct tape not sticky after a couple of days. ASBO tape, still sticky over a month later?! strangest stuff I've wever had - not seen it in any shops, not that I've really searched to be honest.

If you do spot it though, get some!

hmmm it appears to be a form of electrical tape from what i can find, its used for its insulation properties and ive read a few references to it containing asbestos!

although i also found this which is refered to as asbo tape

http://seddonandblack.co.uk/index.php?_a...duct_id=60

also the kind of duct tape used in mythbusters is apparently Nashua 357
(10 September 2012, 19:01)Armoured Gideon Wrote: Duct tape, super glue and Wd40. I f##king love 'em.

I know it sounds a bit weird but the smell of WD40 is one of my favourite things .

dont blame you mate! im becoming obsessed with duct tape, ive always loved super glue and wd40 Big Grin