Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
potential nearby resource
4 February 2013, 18:41,
potential nearby resource
I have an old cemetary near where I live and it's becoming fairly wooded. To maintain cliff walls the staff seem to be wattling walls out of hazel rods coppiced on site. While I was wandering today I went for a poke past a fenced overgrown area where I found a huge number of said rods under a tarp.

Well worth finding for the future and I doubt many know about it.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
4 February 2013, 19:12,
RE: potential nearby resource
nice find for fencing or animal pens ?

4 February 2013, 19:48,
Finders keepers...
just make sure theres no cameras...
And if you get caught " hazel liberation front"TongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 February 2013, 10:11,
yeah I think I'll help myself to some later in the year will be good for garden canes and pea climbs. And a lot of it is the perfect width for rocket stove fodder if seasoned
5 February 2013, 15:20,
i'd have taken some there and then, seize the moment!Smile
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 February 2013, 17:21,
I'll be the moral arbiter and say "I wouldn't recommend taking anything that isn't yours...since it isn't a life or death situation."
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 February 2013, 18:41,
(5 February 2013, 17:21)Scythe13 Wrote: I'll be the moral arbiter and say "I wouldn't recommend taking anything that isn't yours...since it isn't a life or death situation."

"BP sticks tongue out and blows a raspberry"!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 February 2013, 19:18,
(5 February 2013, 18:41)bigpaul Wrote:
(5 February 2013, 17:21)Scythe13 Wrote: I'll be the moral arbiter and say "I wouldn't recommend taking anything that isn't yours...since it isn't a life or death situation."

Do what I say, not as I do ;-) Joke. Please note that was a joke, and I do not promote any theft like activities, and nor does anyone on this site promote such!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 February 2013, 10:47, (This post was last modified: 6 February 2013, 10:48 by bigpaul.)
(5 February 2013, 19:18)Scythe13 Wrote:

Do what I say, not as I do ;-) Joke. Please note that was a joke, and I do not promote any theft like activities, and nor does anyone on this site promote such!

i am a Ferringi "the art of acquisition"!!Big GrinBig Grin

(5 February 2013, 19:18)Scythe13 Wrote:

8 February 2013, 12:49,
hey folks, thanks for all the responses and S13 for playing Louie Law this time around. A quick update, I was back through the area this morning and met a guy coppicing. Had a quick chat. Basically it's a voluntary group that does the work and in exchange for the odd saturday morning work those who do it can take what they want from the woods.

So I've sighned up not only for the wood access but to get some woodcraft experience