Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could choose ONE extra item to add to your kit
10 February 2013, 00:00,
RE: If you could choose ONE extra item to add to your kit
(9 February 2013, 23:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: Never mind, I give up, Scythe youve fucked up yet another thread.

No need to swear NR. I'm just asking a question.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 February 2013, 00:03,
Moving on....

Any one else got a must have piece of kit?
10 February 2013, 00:05,
Im with the boat as my one item, you could then put many other items in there, with a fully stocked first aid kit.... its hard to only pick one thing, once iv decided on one, i think of more... I suppose the one thing that i would rather have over anything else would be knowledge!!!
10 February 2013, 01:05,
Have to agree with NR, a 22LR (silencer, telescopic and iron sights, plastic furniture and folding stock) and a shed load of ammo would be what I'd want.It's not readily available because when I was 18 I got done for drunk and disorderly (still maintain, wrongly),and nearly 30 years later, having served my country in the military, I wouldn't be allowed an FAC. Again, same as NR, I wouldn't want an illegal weapon, even though I believe the firearms laws to be wrong and ridiculous.
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
10 February 2013, 09:39,
(10 February 2013, 01:05)Ranger Wrote: Have to agree with NR, a 22LR (silencer, telescopic and iron sights, plastic furniture and folding stock) and a shed load of ammo would be what I'd want.It's not readily available because when I was 18 I got done for drunk and disorderly (still maintain, wrongly),and nearly 30 years later, having served my country in the military, I wouldn't be allowed an FAC. Again, same as NR, I wouldn't want an illegal weapon, even though I believe the firearms laws to be wrong and ridiculous.

Do they not take into account the age when you "committed the offence" & the time passed without trouble? I genuinely don't know so please don't think I'm trying to say you're wrong or anything.
10 February 2013, 10:33,
(10 February 2013, 09:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Do they not take into account the age when you "committed the offence" & the time passed without trouble? I genuinely don't know so please don't think I'm trying to say you're wrong or anything.

No, I got arrested at age 15 for drinking a pint of beer in a pub, banned fer life from getting an FAC, I did get a shotgun cert for a few years but constant spot checks by the plods made me give it up. Also some of my TA RMP colleagues were also civvy cops and they told me the states plans to sieze all privately owned guns if TSHTF, they appatrently came close to doing it when the moners strikes got violent, and again when they thought the poll tax protests may turn into revolution. If the Russians moved into West Germany they intened to grab civvy guns and civvy ham radios and give them to a resistance group so the country could keep fighting if UKLF and BAOR were crushed, most of us thought at the time nukes would be used before that point but the plans to grab civvie guns and Amateur radios was enough to persuade me that I did not want plod coming for my registered FACS and grabbing every bit of prep kit I had.

12 February 2013, 12:36,
I'd go for an AA12 methinks.

Or a microlight (with 3 seats please)

So NR, when you breaking out the credit card and treating us all? Big Grin
12 February 2013, 12:39,
after trying one out, i'd say a catapult, light to carry and easily concealed, use any ammunition you found, marbles, stones, coins.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2013, 13:02, (This post was last modified: 12 February 2013, 13:09 by Barneyboy.)
mine would be duck tape and 22 airgun pellets mouldSmile

(12 February 2013, 13:02)Barneyboy Wrote: mine would be duck tape and 22 airgun pellets mouldSmile

yeah sorry you said one ,but cant do it they are both so handy
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 February 2013, 14:03,
(10 February 2013, 10:33)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(10 February 2013, 09:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Do they not take into account the age when you "committed the offence" & the time passed without trouble? I genuinely don't know so please don't think I'm trying to say you're wrong or anything.

No, I got arrested at age 15 for drinking a pint of beer in a pub, banned fer life from getting an FAC, I did get a shotgun cert for a few years but constant spot checks by the plods made me give it up. Also some of my TA RMP colleagues were also civvy cops and they told me the states plans to sieze all privately owned guns if TSHTF, they appatrently came close to doing it when the moners strikes got violent, and again when they thought the poll tax protests may turn into revolution. If the Russians moved into West Germany they intened to grab civvy guns and civvy ham radios and give them to a resistance group so the country could keep fighting if UKLF and BAOR were crushed, most of us thought at the time nukes would be used before that point but the plans to grab civvie guns and Amateur radios was enough to persuade me that I did not want plod coming for my registered FACS and grabbing every bit of prep kit I had.

I know someone who was arrested for being drunk & incapable. Night in the cells, £80 fine, long walk home in the morning. He already had a FAC & a SGC for his guns. They renewed both no problem & he still has them to this day.