Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival necklace
12 April 2013, 16:00,
Survival necklace
I am a fan of carrying a survival necklace while hiking in an area that one has been in before. I carry: a SAK, a whistle match-tub LED-light compass thermometer all in one thingy, a pill fob with money and water purification, a pill fob with cotton balls in, a small roll of duck tape on a snapped pen with the ink cartridge taken out, and a small ferro rod.
Do any of you carry anything similar, and what would you add/take away?
P.S: Would a small stick of fat wood be better than cotton balls?
12 April 2013, 16:42,
RE: Survival necklace
Can you explain how it works as a necklace?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 April 2013, 16:46,
i wear a survival bracelet, but i've never heard of using one as a necklace.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2013, 16:46,
Paracord necklace, with everything on key rings or with holes in it, put onto the paracord.
12 April 2013, 17:13,
(12 April 2013, 16:00)Dojo97 Wrote: I am a fan of carrying a survival necklace while hiking in an area that one has been in before. I carry: a SAK, a whistle match-tub LED-light compass thermometer all in one thingy, a pill fob with money and water purification, a pill fob with cotton balls in, a small roll of duck tape on a snapped pen with the ink cartridge taken out, and a small ferro rod.
Do any of you carry anything similar, and what would you add/take away?
P.S: Would a small stick of fat wood be better than cotton balls?

got any pics pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 April 2013, 17:19,
I carry similar, but not around my neck, I would find that uncomfortable.

Cotton wool balls are ok, mine are covered in Petroleum jelly, they take a spark better that way, except that if kept for a long time, the petroleum tends to dry out a bit
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 April 2013, 17:32,
(12 April 2013, 16:46)Dojo97 Wrote: Paracord necklace, with everything on key rings or with holes in it, put onto the paracord.

sounds a bit dingly dangly sort of thingBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2013, 17:47,
I just stick all that kind of stuff in my pockets.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 April 2013, 17:58,
or in a belt pouch.
12 April 2013, 18:28,
I don't want to be the be the rain cloud on parade day, but I wouldn't wear anything around my neck that wouldn't quickly snap under my body weight. Paracord makes a great bracelet or keyring, but round the neck it could also make a good surprise garrote when one stumbles down that tree line slope.