Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you live in a hotspot for civil unrest??
25 July 2013, 13:35,
RE: do you live in a hotspot for civil unrest??
(25 July 2013, 13:09)Sunna Wrote: i grew up in lewisham south london i know what its like iv been in worcestershire for 35 yrs now when i left london all those years ago it was a shit hole god only knows what its like now i cant blame people for moving out .
my village has little or no crime and the people living here would not look out of place 1000yrs ago

Back in 07 i lived in catford for a couple of months it was a complete shithole
Lewisham makes brixton look like kensington
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
25 July 2013, 13:37, (This post was last modified: 25 July 2013, 13:39 by bigpaul.)
(25 July 2013, 13:27)Sunna Wrote: that dammed m5 old adolf sure started something their

funny thing is that ENDS 30 miles away!

(25 July 2013, 13:35)TheFalcon Wrote:
(25 July 2013, 13:09)Sunna Wrote: i grew up in lewisham south london i know what its like iv been in worcestershire for 35 yrs now when i left london all those years ago it was a shit hole god only knows what its like now i cant blame people for moving out .
my village has little or no crime and the people living here would not look out of place 1000yrs ago

Back in 07 i lived in catford for a couple of months it was a complete shithole
Lewisham makes brixton look like kensington

Even back in the 80s London was know in Biker circles as "Shit city" and I don't think it has improved in the last 30 years!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 July 2013, 13:49,
paul the more clued up crims will travel to avoid cctv,plod , people in rural areas tend to have more worth nicking ,the m5 has been used by crims for some time now fresh pickings plus it goes the other way in brum their are many places to score drugs plenty from down south come up and shop bristol too .
so expect more visits Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
25 July 2013, 13:50,
Historicaly larger towns and cities have always had thier rough bits due to large working class populations. Not blaming the working class of course, its a simple product of cramming too many people together that need to be there for the low paid work.
Take it to today and not everyone is willing or able to live in the tiny village in the west country, its that simple, and if they did, then wave bye bye to the leafy lanes.
There are plus and minus on both sides http://news.sky.com/story/1119661/englis...al-penalty
City areas and larger towns that had 'rough and ready' bits to them are total pits now imo. The problem is we are so overcrowded population wise I can't see how anyone can say they are safe.
25 July 2013, 13:57,
i can see some citys ending up like detroit , no taxs from the many unemployed leading to more cuts no services so workers and those who can move away = less tax =less spending on local services = more cuts empty homes,shops going on and on
25 July 2013, 14:23,
(25 July 2013, 13:49)Sunna Wrote: paul the more clued up crims will travel to avoid cctv,plod , people in rural areas tend to have more worth nicking ,the m5 has been used by crims for some time now fresh pickings plus it goes the other way in brum their are many places to score drugs plenty from down south come up and shop bristol too .
so expect more visits Huh

"people in rural areas have more worth nicking"! where do you get that from? maybe in the home counties but not north devon, this is high unemployment, minimum wage country!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 July 2013, 17:22,
my village is split in two council housing built in the 30s for farm workers and cooks and cleaners ect for the big houses /farms these people are worth loads with stable blocks costing more than a house mum dad and kids all driving 4x4 s private pools private schools antiques everywhere .
half my street works for them
25 July 2013, 17:58,
not down here they aren't, all the big houses are owned by The National Trust and all the farms are small one man operations with little or no money in the bank, the big money is made on the "agri businesses" which do all the MONO cropping, North Devon is hill country and its mainly sheep.
25 July 2013, 20:43,
Many will seek out country retreats .....but alas no warning shots from my household, not that I will be out for confrontation, I will hide or steer away from trouble BUT I will protect mine with brutal fatal force make no mistake.
26 July 2013, 00:23,
(25 July 2013, 17:58)bigpaul Wrote: not down here they aren't, all the big houses are owned by The National Trust and all the farms are small one man operations with little or no money in the bank, the big money is made on the "agri businesses" which do all the MONO cropping, North Devon is hill country and its mainly sheep.

ill give bob geldof a ring for ya Wink