Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of the FAKE prepper!!
3 September 2013, 21:43,
RE: Beware of the FAKE prepper!!
Fake preppers, are a bit like fake orgasms.

Who gives a shit, so long as your doing it right Big Grin

WaylanderTongue
4 September 2013, 07:19,
(3 September 2013, 17:34)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 September 2013, 17:28)Mortblanc Wrote: Been reading this for five pages of senseless dribble.

To identify a "fake prepper" one must have a definition of a "real prepper".

What is that definition?

And what separates a "fake prepper" from a "real prepper", a "good prepper" or a "bad prepper"?

To establish proof of being a "real prepper", or a "good prepper", one must demand the other party violate all the OPSEC principles advised in the thread and actually show some stuff and give some details.

Otherwise one is dependent on the magnificent bull$&!t presented around a campfire or in an internet forum.

sometimes you can detect a fake prepper from the BS he talks, if he talks enough-and most of them do- you can spot the lies easily enough.this is better accomplished face to face than on an internet forum.

MB made a good point!

what is a "real" prepper? what is a "fake" prepper?

just because one has a cache of food and water for 3+ years, and the other plans to rely on nature alone, does not put either into any category imho.

they just have different plans to survive.

categorising people and thier ideas, no matter how sensible or outlandish, no matter how big the plan, or how small the plan, is no better or worse than racism, sectarianism, sexism, ageism or any other discrimination you can think of.

when you start labelling and discriminating, you get in to dodgy areas.

local skirmishes, civial wars, world wars etc etc have all been started due to these issues!

Everyone is different, we should just accept that fact and treat every person we come across with caution regardless.

there is only 1 person in the world that i trust fully (and it's not even the OH!)
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
4 September 2013, 08:10,
There is no such thing as a `real` preper, `fake` preper, `good` preper, or `bad` preper

You are either a preper or you are not

some people have loads of money and manage to store food every week, some people have very little and only manage half as much, is one a good preper, and the other a bad preper????????

Some people prep for the end of the world,.. some prep for retirement, is one a `real` preper and the other `fake`

We are either prepers or we are not
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 September 2013, 09:02,
HL we are not talking "good" prepper or "bad" prepper we are talking FAKE prepper i.e, one who says they are a prepper but are nothing of the kind, one who "talks the talk" but dosent "walk the walk", in other words a liar, a charlatan.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 10:43,
maybe so, but even someone who "talks the talk" might have something really amazing up thier sleeve!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
4 September 2013, 10:45,
Can't say I've ever met a "fake" prepper - don't think it's something to get too worried about.
4 September 2013, 10:46, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2013, 10:47 by bigpaul.)
(4 September 2013, 10:43)Binnie Wrote: maybe so, but even someone who "talks the talk" might have something really amazing up thier sleeve!

I have no idea what you mean by that, but these people just repeat what they have heard or read or found on the internet, they don't actually DO any of it they just talk about it.

(4 September 2013, 10:45)BeardyMan Wrote: Can't say I've ever met a "fake" prepper - don't think it's something to get too worried about.

I have...and so have you!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 10:50,
(4 September 2013, 10:46)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 September 2013, 10:43)Binnie Wrote: maybe so, but even someone who "talks the talk" might have something really amazing up thier sleeve!

I have no idea what you mean by that, but these people just repeat what they have heard or read or found on the internet, they don't actually DO any of it they just talk about it.

(4 September 2013, 10:45)BeardyMan Wrote: Can't say I've ever met a "fake" prepper - don't think it's something to get too worried about.

I have...and so have you!Big Grin

Ah, I think I know the one. He ain't no prepper, unless preparing to fall down dead is prepping??? Big Grin
4 September 2013, 10:52,
rather than fake prepper would it be better to call them arm chair preppers ? those that watch the tv shows read the books but have no supplies , equipment or practised skills
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
4 September 2013, 11:08,
I couldn't read the original article it seems to have disappeared.
Is this It http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/fake-prepper/
just in case anybody wants it again.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...