Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belief's, convictions and pride.
8 October 2013, 18:00,
RE: Belief's, convictions and pride.
I guess what i was driving at initially was people possibly preaching flawed doctrines when they know it's not quite right but there not man enough to concede they may have got it a little wrong and misleading/misguiding newbies. i came with quite a few preconceived ideas that have mostly evaporated now...it's a minefield deseminating the good from the flawed from the downright delusional...the majority of major posters seem to be well on the right track and i love the site but if you hitch your wagon to the wrong camp you could be off down a blind alley...wasteful in time and money.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
8 October 2013, 19:39,
Midnitemo,

As with all forums this one has a wide diversity of contributors, both good and bad.

The thing is, there's no rule book, no right or wrong way to prep for something that's never happened before.

For me, what I get out of the forum is a wide spectrum of ideas from which to try and make sensible solutions to the future challenges I an trying to address.

Sorting wheat from chaff is a time consuming but important process. And what's wheat for me, may be chaff for you. Each of us is in a different position, so our solutions will be somewhat varied.

You're right, the forum is becoming more grounded, albeit slightly less entertaining now. ...apart from S13 that is, but he's completely bonkers Tongue ( said very much tongue in cheek... keep up the bonkers stuff Scythe ... you're broadening my horizon)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2013, 19:56,
LS,... has it right, ..............I think its very unfair to say that anyone is delusional or flawed, let alone misleading anyone,... everyone preps differently, and just because some may prep differently to the way you [ midnitemo ]wish to see it, doesn't mean they are doing anything wrong at all

I dont know of any poster on here that I think is heading in the wrong direction, I dont agree with everyone on how they are doing things all the time,... its up to everyone of us, to read the posts/suggestions, and take from the forum what you decide is the best for your own prepping
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 October 2013, 21:14, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2013, 21:24 by Midnitemo.)
If you're new to this and someone is shouting very loudly and earnestly you could be seduced into thinking there absolutely incontravertibly right only to find after using them as a role model and going with there idea's that they may not be as right as you thought, i know that its different for everybody and realisticaly there is no right or wrong way to do this but i'm not talking about me i'm talking about others who may not be as sceptical and enquiring as maybe they should be.

Just by dint of being a prepper most of us are men of action probably alpha males in the main so its to be expected that we will all have strong opinions and idea's i just wish that everyone could accept that others may have good idea's that there's isn't the only and best way...bit of humility i guess.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
8 October 2013, 22:26,
(8 October 2013, 21:14)Midnitemo Wrote: If you're new to this and someone is shouting very loudly and earnestly you could be seduced into thinking there absolutely incontravertibly right only to find after using them as a role model and going with there idea's that they may not be as right as you thought, i know that its different for everybody and realisticaly there is no right or wrong way to do this but i'm not talking about me i'm talking about others who may not be as sceptical and enquiring as maybe they should be.

Just by dint of being a prepper most of us are men of action probably alpha males in the main so its to be expected that we will all have strong opinions and idea's i just wish that everyone could accept that others may have good idea's that there's isn't the only and best way...bit of humility i guess.

Dodgy...point taken
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 October 2013, 22:39, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2013, 22:40 by Timelord.)
My computer chair has arms on it & my fore finger & index finger are very strong. That makes my supremely prepared for anything!

>:-))
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
12 October 2013, 02:43,
I change my prep practices all the time, but i'm not what most would call a 'real' prepper, I don't believe in the 'Big Event' type SHTF type stuff and I prep for small things such as minor power outs or things such as a moron drilling through my power cable and shutting us down for a week or 2 etc and much of the things I do because they are fun or interesting to me (being a touch of a geek) or would make fun family projects to do with foraging, camping or saving money (like using solar chargers to charge my general small devices).

and doing to whole bug out bug in stuff is (for me) just like LARPing and can be often bond building for the family, and eating MRE's, whilst doing the whole BOB building and kit checking thing is every boys dream and has a strange fulfilling feel to it.