Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who knew?
3 November 2013, 21:41,
Who knew?
It would seem that walking around in the garden wearing just shorts and no top for a few hours in the rain and blizzardy wind, to increase your cold tolerance, will cause the onset of a cold. Who knew?

On an up note, it has 100% justified my purchase of loads of kids fresh orange juice cartons.

I'm so clever on one level.....but quite the opposite on another haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 November 2013, 22:08,
RE: Who knew?
Increase your tolerance biologically by getting fitter, making sure of a good rest/nights sleep and having a good wholesome diet - and of course plenty of kombucha!

cheers Juice
walk outside the box
3 November 2013, 23:01,
And if all else fails there is Burbon, lemon and honey.
4 November 2013, 00:11,
So far I'm impressed that even though there are only 2 comments, that neither has called me an idiot, but both have offered helpful ideas. Cheers lads!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 November 2013, 03:13,
Next time try wearing your woolen long underwear, knit wool watch cap, wool socks and sneakers. Try working in that.
If you get chilly grab a 4 metre long section of telephone pole with five of your neighbors, shoulder the pole, run down to the beach, take a quick wash in the surf, then shoulder the pole again and jog to the pub with your mates in the wind and rain and sit down to a hot buttered rum!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
4 November 2013, 09:03,
I have a good tolerance to cold, but there again I hate wearing a jacket,.. so you will find me out in shirt sleeves most days winter or summer,.... our bedroom window is also open almost every night of the year,.. my dad was the same, its the way we grew up
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 November 2013, 10:09,
I see it all the time with the female chavs in their strappy tops, no wonder their all sneezing and coughing all winter.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2013, 10:13,
(4 November 2013, 10:09)bigpaul Wrote: I see it all the time with the female chavs in their strappy tops, no wonder their all sneezing and coughing all winter.

BOOBIES Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
4 November 2013, 10:20,
(4 November 2013, 10:13)Barneyboy Wrote:
(4 November 2013, 10:09)bigpaul Wrote: I see it all the time with the female chavs in their strappy tops, no wonder their all sneezing and coughing all winter.

BOOBIES Big Grin

yeah, them too!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2013, 11:52,
Maybe they are building up their tolerance as the funds are cut something has to give and ciggies can't be on that list.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin