Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
8 March 2016, 09:58,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
(7 March 2016, 18:09)Rocks Wrote: Bought a week's worth of supplies.

well its a start.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2016, 18:13,
Rocks ....what did you buy ? ...the reason i ask is ....long or short term stuff or a mix ? sometimes its hard to determine what to get first and prioritize stock , what to get and in what order.
10 March 2016, 17:12,
(8 March 2016, 09:58)bigpaul Wrote:
(7 March 2016, 18:09)Rocks Wrote: Bought a week's worth of supplies.

well its a start.

Thanks, I'm hoping to get a month's supply in within three months. I am new to the idea of 'bugging in'.
I always have been a bit of a survivor, but the plan was always to grab my daysack (three days of MOD rations in it, water and bivvi/dry/wet kit) and then survive using my wits and fitness and go full on scavenger mode. But I am now in a serious relationship, so I can't expect my girl to live like that.
So please forgive me BP, I am an amateur, I learn fast though!

Next plan is to get a solid BOL set up with a three month supply/own power/comms etc.
Long term goal Big Grin
10 March 2016, 17:47,
(10 March 2016, 17:12)Rocks Wrote: So please forgive me BP, I am an amateur, I learn fast though!
all I meant was we all had to start somewhere-even me!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 March 2016, 18:19,
Rocks , no such thing as an Amateur Prepper, There is Preppers ( the enlightened) and the Masses ( the unenlightened) Smile its just some folks have been enlightened longer than others.

10 March 2016, 19:36,
We are all amateurs and we learn things every day. Prepping is a lifestyle. Nobody says they are amateurs at life.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 March 2016, 20:18,
Planted lettuce seeds and pricked out tomato plants. Sowed violet artichoke seeds for next year's plants. Rotavated a veggie area in readiness to plant potatoes later this week. So wet at the moment.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 March 2016, 21:13,
New storeroom is done ...the guts of it anyway, on a visit to Steve the farm today , helped out with a small problem, in return i have three to four trailer full's of good top soil being dropped next week, and some duck eggs.

So on with the garden next week....loads to do , i am way behind.
10 March 2016, 21:37,
Planted up a permaculture pot in the yard (rowan, redcurrant, ramsons); started my worm farm, the worms arrived in the post this morning; asked the lad next door to bring me six old tyres for a garden project I've got planned; got the batteries into my head torches.
Knitting is not a hobby, it's a post apocalyptic life skill..................
10 March 2016, 22:03,
Hmmm got visions of SS1 planting duck eggs and SS2 trying to round up and herd a load of worms ? Smile