Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boil in a bag ready made "MEAT" type meals.
22 May 2016, 02:22,
RE: Boil in a bag ready made "MEAT" type meals.
(21 May 2016, 17:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: We have had the assorted packs from "look what we found"

I missed this reply are they in Mylar NR?

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
22 May 2016, 09:56,
Not sure to be honest, we have none left to check, they come in similar pouches to boil in bags ie plasticy foil but I honestly dont know if they are Mylar.

22 May 2016, 10:00,
Nemesis wrote " only got a small bag want to try make it into a 14 day B.O.B, food 14 main meals and 14 breakfast, plus other sundries."

Just a tiny point, you probably have considered it and discarded it but its worth raising again for others to think about.

CACHES, many of us only carry a few days supplies of food in our BOBS and stores caches of extra food in safe places in along the way to, and around the area we intend to bug out to?, Could caching work for you?

22 May 2016, 10:50,
I used to cache a lot back in the day and its all still out there I went to far NR and "over did" survivalism.

Old thread:

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=480

I will be doing a cache but this time small scale easy to dig up and easy to bury, but for this B.O.B I want nothing more then the bag and the enjoyment of doing a 4 day test followed up by 2 weeks.

On a side note I am going to dig up that cache and do a video of it, we can see what happened inside to the preps, also how hard it will be to dig up been under ground near on 5 years now.

Would that make for an interesting video?

22 May 2016, 11:37,
W & C is that you old mate? Smile

yes a vid would be nice.

22 May 2016, 13:22,
(22 May 2016, 11:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: W & C is that you old mate? Smile

yes a vid would be nice.

Yes NR I changed my name to nemesis as it was an older tag I used to use.

On a side note I just picked up 10 packs of "look what we found" meals at £1.80 each they fit well in the pack I think I can meet my food target as long as the other space in pack will take all the other kit I will need.

22 May 2016, 15:24,
Well knock me pink, what a pleasant surprise, I'm delighted you are back with us for a while I missed the quality of your contributions.

You can also get SOME of the " look what we Found" meals in Sainsburies, tesco and asda at times, oddly enough in my local sainsburies i can get three types of jerky.

22 May 2016, 16:26,
The LWWF meals are good quality but as someone said the portions are small and they need padding out with noodles/dried spud/quick cook rice etc.

You find them in B&M stores from time to time for £1 (B&M change stock frequently so check often)

This is a great site with free delivery on orders over £40 http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/cgi-bin/s...eals&PN=18

These meals are mostly vegetarian but the quality is very high.

http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/...l#SID=3345 is good stuff, boil some plain rice in water with some sugar and add this at the end for a good rice pud Smile
ATB
Harry
22 May 2016, 16:45,
Nice find Harry

22 May 2016, 20:09,
Today I have had the Morrison cheese pasta 20p for lunch its worth 20p and in the field I would not turn it away, but I am not rushing to eat another one anytime soon.

For dinner I have eaten the Morrison cheese smash which was not to bad 50p and with it I had red Thai chicken LWWF meal it was also not to bad, the two together was quite filling.