Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Toilet Paper storage
11 March 2013, 22:05,
RE: Toilet Paper storage
(11 March 2013, 21:53)Highlander Wrote: We are also storing baby wipes for all cleansing uses, I would rather store something that I can use and use again if possible, as opposed to use once and throw away.

So whats wrong with washing baby wipes when used as toilet paper,... we are not talking posh stuff here, we are talking about surviving and making do in a situation where all things will start to run out from day one

Its like babies nappies, would a woman through away a nappy a day?, they wouldn't last long if she did, no, she would wash them,..... its the same with baby wipes, except a lot easier

use them, place in a bucket to soak with a little bleach, wash and dry,.... you could have a few packets just for toilet paper, and use and use again

Good post!

I'm in the same situation. No way could I store that much bogroll!

Baby wipes are much more versatile.
11 March 2013, 22:21,
wish they had explained the 3 shells on demolition man lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
13 March 2013, 17:35,
save time
save space
save money

snag an a$$rag
13 March 2013, 17:38,
Each of my bob has a pack of wet wipes and a roll of paper.

Has anyone tried moss? Romans used it on a stick.
tried news paper and its not up to much
13 March 2013, 17:41,
the Romans used to use Spagnam moss. wipes are all right but they tend to dry out quickly.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2013, 21:27,
There is basically two types of Moss, the green moss and the red moss, both would be good to use, but the red would be better, because its full of iodine, so is a sort of disinfectant,.... if I am on the hill and feel thirsty, its the red moss that I squeeze and drink from
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 March 2013, 11:36,
(13 March 2013, 17:41)bigpaul Wrote: the Romans used to use Spagnam moss. wipes are all right but they tend to dry out quickly.

The Romans used a stick with a sponge attached to the end called a spongia, after their oblutions were taken care of they would wash their behinds with the spongia till clean and then dry with another clean cloth. A very sanitary method if you ask me without any fear of the dreaded "Finger through the paper" syndrome, or paying good money to flush paper down the toilet.
An interesting fact about Roman toilets is that they were unisex, and seen as one of the best places to pick up gossip and conduct bussinessBig Grin
14 March 2013, 13:42,
Conducting business? Its now called cottaging :p