Poll: What BOV do you have now to get to your BOL?
Bugging In
2 wheel drive car
4 wheel drive 'Landrover' (or similar equivalent)
Walking
Push Bicycle
Motorcycle
Horse
Canoe / Kayak / Rowboat
Motorboat / Sailboat
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bug Out Vehicle do you have?
30 September 2011, 09:03,
RE: What Bug Out Vehicle do you have?
I have the choice of two BOVs (mine & SWMBOs), Nissan Navarra D23 Double Cab and a Nissan X-Trail.
British by birth, English by the grace of God.

Every morning, I wake up and thank God I am an Englishman!
1 October 2011, 14:37,
My BOV is an '88 Landie 110. Shes fitted out as a bit if a camper with a bed and insulation and with my BOB (under construction Wink would keep us warm, safe and out of trouble for quite some time. Shes kept in perfect order and starts on the button first time, every time. Shes simple to maintain and repair and every agricultural property has spares to supplement what I carry all the time. I keep her above half full all the time and have an extra can or two on board with more at home. Shes EMP proof though I will miss the stereo and can go pretty much anywhwere
1 October 2011, 14:48,
Tom,

Sounds like the situation we would all like to be in.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 October 2011, 21:42,
Well she's my best prep and due to our location/situation is gonna be essential in a whole range of shtf scenarios.
A lot of the stuff is just good sense with a landrover and especially a 23 year old one so it was easy to go that one step further. A good location to bug out to would be the ideal addition now as if our home goes down the landy is our only destination!
23 October 2011, 08:56,
The landie always seems like a good choice especially the older ones - solid engineering, reliable and more or less bullet proof. The only draw back as far as I am concerned right now would be the fuel consumption - but if you get a diesel you could have a few options there with regard to what flavour you run with if supplies hit rock bottom.
As things are at present if you can get one pre 1970, I think, you do not necessarily have to pay road tax!!?
24 October 2011, 11:18,
At the moment we have a SWB Transit van fitted out as a very basic camper which acts both as a mobile retreat, day van, and commercial vehicle for collecting logs for the stove, and we have a Mitsubishi shotgun pinin 1.8 for EDC and Recce use.
26 October 2011, 07:03,
Disco 300 tdi modifyied for offroading. My plan is to bug in but if i have to i will bug out to 3 different BOL's if i have to. Each BOL has been picked for different reasons.
26 October 2011, 12:06,
Jeep wrangler 4 door CRD, I can carry a stack of gear, sleep 2 in the back and if cross-country is required (and it will be to get to my BOL) it does a good job.
Brian
Advice is what you seek when you know the answer but wish you didn't
15 November 2011, 14:43,
As I live where I live If I tried to store anything in my vehicle it'd be gone after one day...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."