Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homemade liquid detergent
28 October 2012, 17:16,
RE: Homemade liquid detergent
I make this using almost the exact recipe, however use fels naptha soap as its designed for pretreating stains and was once used as a home remedy for skin conditions like dermatitis and treating poison ivy. I also add lavender or orange or other oils to add a nice smell. Works well and goes a long way… so money saving!
Didin't look at how they make theirs but probably in almost the same way.
29 October 2012, 08:29,
(28 October 2012, 17:16)Hexyprep Wrote: I make this using almost the exact recipe, however use fels naptha soap as its designed for pretreating stains and was once used as a home remedy for skin conditions like dermatitis and treating poison ivy. I also add lavender or orange or other oils to add a nice smell. Works well and goes a long way… so money saving!

Hi Hexyprep
How do you find it cleans clothes?.
Failure is NOT an option
29 October 2012, 08:53,
(29 October 2012, 08:29)uks Wrote:
(28 October 2012, 17:16)Hexyprep Wrote: I make this using almost the exact recipe, however use fels naptha soap as its designed for pretreating stains and was once used as a home remedy for skin conditions like dermatitis and treating poison ivy. I also add lavender or orange or other oils to add a nice smell. Works well and goes a long way… so money saving!

Hi Hexyprep
How do you find it cleans clothes?.

Its not better than others, but certainly does as well. I didn't notice any difference and have used branded detergents in between batches without noticing any difference in how clean they are.
29 October 2012, 15:08,
thanks for the link UKS, that looks very easy to do. Is there much in the way of fumes when you make up a batch?
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
12 November 2012, 18:48,
Made the liquid detergent yesterday it only takes 10 minutes. I will be using it tomorrow will let you know the results.
Failure is NOT an option
13 November 2012, 17:58,
Used the home made liquid detergent to day. So far so good i can see no difference between home made and shop brought. The only difference i can see is the price my 9 litres cost me £1.18 pence our usual detergent would cost £40.32 for the same quanity.
Failure is NOT an option
13 January 2013, 02:17,
I've made 2 batches now and it works fine Smile the wife's happy and so is my pocket and dead easy to make

Bd
13 January 2013, 08:09,
(13 January 2013, 02:17)bowdrill Wrote: I've made 2 batches now and it works fine Smile the wife's happy and so is my pocket and dead easy to make

Bd

Made 2 batches as well. Gave the mother in law some she wants a batch as well.
Anyone tried homemade shampoos?.
Failure is NOT an option
22 January 2013, 22:15,
ive made my second batch not as good think i didnt put enough borax etc in
how much do u all put in ??

bd
23 January 2013, 09:38,
I can't find actual borax anywhere. Will borax subsitute be ok as it's all I can obtain.

Looking forward to trying this though as I have very bad exzema & I think it may be down to the laundry liquid we use. I've tried changing but no joy so I'm hoping one without as many chemicals in might be a bit better.