Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you live ?
3 November 2012, 17:24,
RE: Where do you live ?
(3 November 2012, 17:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 November 2012, 17:14)TOF Wrote: I totally agree with IB1.
Urban prepping is rarely given lip service and yet this poll has proven almost half those who have thus far voted live in some sort of urban environment.
I always get a good laugh when the same old chestnut of riots in the towns will be the death of every town dweller and only those tucked away in the countryside will be safe... WRONG! By the general consensus of some on this board, they will be running to the countryside, and if their abilities are to be believed, they won't be taking any prisoners, but will take what they need. So don't go getting all complacent that safety is green, because it ain't.
I get pretty ticked off when some people can only see country prepping as the only worthwhile prepping. And I notice it's those who live in the country who continually do this. If you live in the country, well bully for you, those of us who don't need to start sharing our own thoughts and ideas with each other, without some smartar$e telling us the riots will kill you and moving to the country is the only safe place to be.
Well, now that's off my chest, I feel a lot better.
i bet your glad your not in America still with all that is going on in New York though!

Like the good prepper I am, I kept myself informed and changed my plans accordingly. I changed my flight and cut short my holiday by 3 days. Those that got stuck, or are living in dire circumstances are doing so because they did not prep.Wink

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
3 November 2012, 17:29,
well good for you TOF, but what i just wonder is, if a country like America cant cope with a storm like this, bearing in mind some people have been without power for 6 days now, how do you think this country would cope in similar circumstances with the assanine govt we have here and all the people who would have their hands out, the "i've GOT to have" brigade .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2012, 17:31,
(3 November 2012, 16:18)bigpaul Wrote: this is how living after TSHTF will be for city dwellers: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...power.html

Seriously, have you read and understood a single word I've posted in this thread ?

I'm talking about a prepared group, you know, like preppers Smile

I get the impression that I am wasting my breath so lets all go back to moaning about immigrants and crap like that cos thats really going to help.

Who knows BP, one day the council or HA might pay for me to live in the middle of nowhere like they do for you, until then those of us who have to work for a living have to make choices based on real life, not some BS spouted by cretins who know fuck all

To quote Dragons Den....I'm out Smile

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
3 November 2012, 17:36,
(3 November 2012, 17:31)IB1 Wrote:
(3 November 2012, 16:18)bigpaul Wrote: this is how living after TSHTF will be for city dwellers: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...power.html

Seriously, have you read and understood a single word I've posted in this thread ?

I'm talking about a prepared group, you know, like preppers Smile

I get the impression that I am wasting my breath so lets all go back to moaning about immigrants and crap like that cos thats really going to help.

Who knows BP, one day the council or HA might pay for me to live in the middle of nowhere like they do for you, until then those of us who have to work for a living have to make choices based on real life, not some BS spouted by cretins who know fuck all

To quote Dragons Den....I'm out Smile
well i have worked most of my life too, was self employed at one time, but apart from once in my life i havent been fortunate enough to own my own house, some of us have to live in rented property you know. i am retired now, i notice that when you dont get your own way, you throw your toys out of the pram...a bit like navigator did.....oh well, if you cant agree to disagree thats your problem.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2012, 19:14,
(3 November 2012, 17:29)bigpaul Wrote: well good for you TOF, but what i just wonder is, if a country like America cant cope with a storm like this, bearing in mind some people have been without power for 6 days now, how do you think this country would cope in similar circumstances with the assanine govt we have here and all the people who would have their hands out, the "i've GOT to have" brigade .

Well as you asked, whether the govt could cope or not is a moot point, that is out of my hands. I look to things I can control. I do not expect any help, nor will I seek it. The fact that there MAY be rioting and looting, again, is of little consequence because neither you or I can control that either. I can control access to my property, I can store rations, I can prepare as best I can to ride out a problem. That's why I prep. Moaning about whether the govt can or can't manage, or is a useless govt does no-one any good. The only way we could possibly alter any outcome is to vote for the other side. And if you don't vote, well, don't complain about what is lacking in the govt as you didn't take part in any decision.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
3 November 2012, 19:23,
I live in a town & have no plans of running to the countryside. I also have no plans of dying at the hands of rioters either Smile

My plan is to bug in with the wife & kids. Also extended family (for which I'm planning to store for aswell).

I fully expect gangs to come looking for food & it's my plan to fight them off the best I can. I'm also planning on stores in various locations rather than just fill the garage or whatever.

I would much rather take my chances as a group in surroundings I'm familiar with (back streets, cut throughs etc..) than alone in the middle of nowhere.
3 November 2012, 19:36,
(3 November 2012, 19:23)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I live in a town & have no plans of running to the countryside. I also have no plans of dying at the hands of rioters either Smile

My plan is to bug in with the wife & kids. Also extended family (for which I'm planning to store for aswell).

I fully expect gangs to come looking for food & it's my plan to fight them off the best I can. I'm also planning on stores in various locations rather than just fill the garage or whatever.

I would much rather take my chances as a group in surroundings I'm familiar with (back streets, cut throughs etc..) than alone in the middle of nowhere.

Sounds like North Shields and Whitley Bay almost every weekend Smile

3 November 2012, 19:41,
(3 November 2012, 17:36)bigpaul Wrote: well i have worked most of my life too, was self employed at one time, but apart from once in my life i havent been fortunate enough to own my own house, some of us have to live in rented property you know. i am retired now, i notice that when you dont get your own way, you throw your toys out of the pram...a bit like navigator did.....oh well, if you cant agree to disagree thats your problem.

No toys out of the pram here matey, I tried using logic but that was a waste of time, i pointed you to evidence of groups doing well in the riots, another waste of time, I pointed out that many preppers live in urban areas, yet another waste of time. After all that, instead of debating the subject you just come up with the same tired old BS about towns and cities that are parroted ad infinitum by people who dont seem to have an orginal thought of their own - so I thought I would put it into words that you might be able to understand

If you want to discuss the merits and disadvantages of different areas i'm all ears, if you just want to parrot the same old BS then here's 20p, go ring someone who gives a shit

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
3 November 2012, 20:06,
I don't know what anyone else thinks, but maybe this thread has reached it's conclusion.

I left other forums because of bitching between members. We are all adults here.

Everyone has their own opinions on different things so let's just leave it at that.
3 November 2012, 20:14,
OK Guys.

I just don't understand why we can never accept that people are in different situations, have different views and make different decisions based on these views.

All of which can be valid and are certainly valid for that person.

I think that we can all agree that even with some of the inner city scum not having prepped at all but by being the most ruthless scumbag in the area they are going to do well in the short term. Probably will last longer than some of us prepping.

So let's agree to disagree and move on. All the points made are valid.

I'm closing this thread now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin