Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New House
6 December 2012, 12:09,
RE: New House
That house must have one helleva strange floor plan!, i dont think i've ever seen a 2 bedroomed house with 3 reception rooms + a kitchen, and i've seen some property in the last 13 years. usually 2 bedroomed houses have a kitchen/ diner(at most) plus a sitting room and thats it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 13:08,
I would be tempted to combine the kitchen with its nearest room and make a kitchen dining room. One thing I miss in my house I am in now is a big kitchen and the dining room is not attached. Can make things like home brewing, butchery and sausage making a bit more involved with less space.
6 December 2012, 13:10, (This post was last modified: 6 December 2012, 13:10 by Scythe13.)
Spot on BP. Looks well odd from the floorplan.

Kitchen is half width of the house, the dining room is the other half. Can't really knock them together as would involve smashing up a load of cabinets, washer, sink etc. More likely, we'll extent the back of the house to make the dining room into more of a conservatory.
(6 December 2012, 13:08)BDG Wrote: Can make things like home brewing, butchery and sausage making a bit more involved with less space.

Are you trying to get me killed? The wife is a vegi.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 14:27,
i cant say i've seen many (if any) 2 beds with a dining room, usually its 3beds and upwards that have dining rooms, we rent( from HA) a 1990s 2 bed semi and it dosent have a dining room and as for the kitchen-i've seen bigger dog kennels !Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 21:05,
Terry turning up and drinking all S13's beer Angel

Good luck with it mate!

Ter

(5 December 2012, 13:55)Scythe13 Wrote: House warming party will be....a damn secret! I can't have Hagrid (no offence BP) getting drunk and trying to eat a neighbour! Speaking of which, can't have NR doing a butchering and skinning lesson on our cats. Pagan-Mist, will be making a stone circle in the garden. SD will be digging a nuke bunker......wait....that's not a bad idea..... haha

7 December 2012, 07:37,
(6 December 2012, 12:09)bigpaul Wrote: That house must have one helleva strange floor plan!, i dont think i've ever seen a 2 bedroomed house with 3 reception rooms + a kitchen, and i've seen some property in the last 13 years. usually 2 bedroomed houses have a kitchen/ diner(at most) plus a sitting room and thats it.

its a quite common lay out http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/26415267
7 December 2012, 10:23,
(7 December 2012, 07:37)Tigs Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 12:09)bigpaul Wrote: That house must have one helleva strange floor plan!, i dont think i've ever seen a 2 bedroomed house with 3 reception rooms + a kitchen, and i've seen some property in the last 13 years. usually 2 bedroomed houses have a kitchen/ diner(at most) plus a sitting room and thats it.

its a quite common lay out http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/26415267

That's very similar to what we hope to be moving into.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin