Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Diving
4 March 2013, 15:43,
RE: Skip Diving
(4 March 2013, 15:35)Luci_ferson Wrote: i find skips on building sites very usefull.
its only ilegal if you take it without asking. and since they have to pay to get every skip emptied its in their interest to let you take stuff out if its easily accessible.

Although if you ask everything will work out fine. It isn't actually true it is not illegal.

When anything is thrown into a skip it becomes the property of the owner of the skip. When anyone who is not the skip owner removes it, even if you threw it in, it is theft.

Of course people dive them all the time and nothing happens. So, as suggested, just ask permission and it works out fine.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 March 2013, 17:52,
some of the time, if you ask, you find they've got some other stuff in good condition they havent thrown into the skip yet, thats how we got our dining chairs( actually their office chairs..non swivel type), but most of the skips we find there is no one about so we just help ourselves and leave.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2013, 18:15,
yup if you ask youl be surprised what they can offer you that hasnt gone in yet.
i even got given a full fish tank once, including lights and filters, cleaned it up and sold it for £80
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 March 2013, 19:56,
80 quid from a skip not bad going Big Grin
4 March 2013, 20:13,
it wasnt the tank i was after . it was 2 picture frames and a bedside cabinet for a car bootsale lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson