Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Diving
3 March 2013, 12:42,
RE: Skip Diving
(3 March 2013, 11:11)bigpaul Wrote: right just got back, we found: stacks and stacks of pallets(some brand new), lots of old tyres(for growing stuff in), about 6 lengths of 5ft used timber(some with nails still in), and 2 blue plastic barrels(for water butts), this is an industrial estate on the edge of a small town(not the one where i live) with a population of 2,250. no one else about, saw very few cars on the road in, very frosty morning.

Good on ya BP i need to start scavenging,Problem around here is theres a shit load of old bill
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
3 March 2013, 12:44,
Excellent.
Most of the industrial estates round here are now behind fencing.
And like Falcon says there's a police headquarters not far from my house so its crawling as you can imagine.

I have noticed however a distinct lack of pickings locally to me.
sign of the times maybe?
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
3 March 2013, 12:53,
it depends on where you live and what businesses rent the units, when we lived in Glastonbury where the population is 7 times that of where we live now, we were always picking up discarded stuff, bicycles, carpets..good ones not old rubbish, got several dining chairs..still using 2 of them..loads of pallets and tyres, lengths of wood, blue plastic barrels, old tools etc.etc., could have had an old caravan at one time but had nowhere to put it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 March 2013, 12:59, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2013, 13:01 by Prepper1.)
TongueTongueTongueBASTARDBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

FEK fek FEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK

THAT sir is NOT fair....
3 March 2013, 13:20,
I have a friend who gets all his food from skips, he has a deal with the security guard who is happy to turn a blind eye every now again for some quality produce.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
3 March 2013, 15:31, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2013, 15:31 by Prepper1.)
Stop rubbing it in... so not fair....

TongueBig GrinTongueBig GrinTongue
4 March 2013, 10:30,
Good hunting BP, glad it went well mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 March 2013, 11:21,
thats whats lying around now..in a very small town...can you imagine the pickings after TSHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2013, 15:35, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 15:36 by Luci_ferson.)
i find skips on building sites very usefull.
its only ilegal if you take it without asking. and since they have to pay to get every skip emptied its in their interest to let you take stuff out if its easily accessible.
better to ask the site manager than a security guard though.
security guards always seem to say no,

site manager is always looking for somewhere to cut a few costs and save a few bob.
i reckon thats where they make their bonuses.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 March 2013, 15:40, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 15:42 by bigpaul.)
you'd be surprised what people put out for the recycling every Friday around here. i'm always picking up 5 litre water bottles, OH picked up a roses tin last week( good for putting her baking in), have had carpets and timber.

unfortunately, no building sites around here, building trade is in bad condition at the mo, wife's son in law is a builder, nearest ones are 50-60 mile round trip so not much good for "on-spec" trips.