Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Anti Terrorism Radio Advert
5 March 2013, 22:17,
RE: New Anti Terrorism Radio Advert
(5 March 2013, 22:01)Lancsprepper Wrote: The Government hate off-gridders,preppers,survivalists,"conspiracy theorists", and anyone else who is in any way different to the majority.In the build up to a collapse, I wouldn't be shocked if We started hearing radio ads like this
"We as a nation are in times of deep strife, and we need to pull together.There are those who have more than their fair share, something which will lead to the downfall of our great nation.If you have any information on hoarders within your community, please contact the authorities"

Yup it doesnt take much for the government to turn self reliant off gridders into selfish anti social hoarders to be villified on Chav TV
5 March 2013, 23:07,
(5 March 2013, 22:17)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(5 March 2013, 22:01)Lancsprepper Wrote: The Government hate off-gridders,preppers,survivalists,"conspiracy theorists", and anyone else who is in any way different to the majority.In the build up to a collapse, I wouldn't be shocked if We started hearing radio ads like this
"We as a nation are in times of deep strife, and we need to pull together.There are those who have more than their fair share, something which will lead to the downfall of our great nation.If you have any information on hoarders within your community, please contact the authorities"

Yup it doesnt take much for the government to turn self reliant off gridders into selfish anti social hoarders to be villified on Chav TV
Agreed.I know it is people's right to choose to do so, but why do preppers and other non mainstream groups go on tv, because all your OPSEC goes out of the window.
5 March 2013, 23:10,
(5 March 2013, 23:07)Lancsprepper Wrote: Agreed.I know it is people's right to choose to do so, but why do preppers and other non mainstream groups go on tv, because all your OPSEC goes out of the window.

Self agrandisment, self promotion, vanity, celebrity status or just plain stupid is my bet as to why they do it, they can and some folks do spread the common sense message of prepping without showing their faces or blowing their opsec.
5 March 2013, 23:44,
(5 March 2013, 23:10)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(5 March 2013, 23:07)Lancsprepper Wrote: Agreed.I know it is people's right to choose to do so, but why do preppers and other non mainstream groups go on tv, because all your OPSEC goes out of the window.

Self agrandisment, self promotion, vanity, celebrity status or just plain stupid is my bet as to why they do it, they can and some folks do spread the common sense message of prepping without showing their faces or blowing their opsec.

Posts from people such as yourself and SD make very useful reading, and you don't blow OPSEC.
6 March 2013, 12:53,
We don't get the 15 minutes of fame either.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 March 2013, 13:05,
O.K. this sounds like a big build up to paranoia City. I really doubt if anyone cares a toss if you are stocking up on loo rolls or extra tins of beans. Surveillance of suspect persons has ramped up quite a bit in the recent years, but if you have nothing to hide what is the problem? I would agree with Geordie Rob, and say I would prefer the powers that be to investigate possible terrorist suspects. It could be you or your family blown up by a lot of fanatics (actually my BIL barely missed being caught in a bomb blast in London years ago). I certainly wouldn't be amused.

I am not aware if there is a legal limit for cash payments. Certainly cash is legal tender, and many people regard cash is king. However, large sums of cash are often symptomatic of money laundering. I don't think paying a couple of hundred pounds for a old car is going to raise any eyebrows though.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
6 March 2013, 13:28,
(6 March 2013, 12:53)Skean Dhude Wrote: We don't get the 15 minutes of fame either.

And of course poor society is deprived of your god like image to idolise Smile
6 March 2013, 13:58,
(6 March 2013, 13:05)MaryN Wrote: O.K. this sounds like a big build up to paranoia City. I really doubt if anyone cares a toss if you are stocking up on loo rolls or extra tins of beans. Surveillance of suspect persons has ramped up quite a bit in the recent years, but if you have nothing to hide what is the problem? I would agree with Geordie Rob, and say I would prefer the powers that be to investigate possible terrorist suspects. It could be you or your family blown up by a lot of fanatics (actually my BIL barely missed being caught in a bomb blast in London years ago). I certainly wouldn't be amused.

certainly if i lived in a BIG city i might agree with you, but as i dont(anymore) i wont!TongueBig Grin anyway the chances of getting terrorists around my neck of the woods is unlikely. many people around here still pay cash for everything and nobody even notices much less says anything.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2013, 14:21,
I pay cash for everything, it really annoys me when the person in front of you in a que uses a card to pay for bread and milk ect,could understanf if they were spending a fortune, I have never used a card other than to withdraw cash so paying with a card is a alien concept to me.
6 March 2013, 16:20,
(6 March 2013, 14:21)Metroyeti Wrote: I pay cash for everything, it really annoys me when the person in front of you in a que uses a card to pay for bread and milk ect,could understanf if they were spending a fortune, I have never used a card other than to withdraw cash so paying with a card is a alien concept to me.

With the chip & pin machines now, it's just as quick paying via card.