Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horse meat
29 March 2013, 02:03,
RE: Horse meat
Its been very interesting hearing your views, and long may it rumble on, a program on BBC3 or 4 the other night went into this issue with 6 under 25's, over a 3 horse meal (sorry course meal) only 2 tried the meat, two when it was horse tartar....which personally I'm not overly confident about trying, and one guy ate all 3 courses..........it strikes me that these youngsters will be in a pickle if/when/a TSHF situation happens!!!
29 March 2013, 16:50,
i think anyone under 40 will be in trouble come SHTF, not just in relation to food, but most under 40s live in centrally heated houses, have never seen an open fire, will be bringing disposable barbeques into the house on cold days to cook and decanting petrol into plastic bottles in the kitchen. next to a hot oven!...dont laugh...its already happened!! yes, people REALLY are that stupid.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2013, 17:35,
Eating horse meat would not bother me if i had to survive
29 March 2013, 17:36,
the problem along with the lies is that those horse's couldnt even be called that, more like far eastern over worked yaks and donkeys!!!!!!! get the picture of a western, ripped horse out of your heads coz thats prime expensive meat. the truth is that 80% of our food is crap and un pure, its just not been found out officially. unless you have money to burn its practicly impossible to eat healthy food in this country. i've watched with horror (knowing the truth about our food) as over the years my childrens menus has changed due to this resession. and i trie endlessly to fish and hunt to bring in real food as much as i can.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
29 March 2013, 17:51,
(29 March 2013, 17:36)Wildman Wrote: the truth is that 80% of our food is crap and un pure, its just not been found out officially. unless you have money to burn its practicly impossible to eat healthy food in this country.

that is true if you eat the stuff supermarkets peddle as meat, i havent eaten supermarket meat for many years, not since i saw HFW tv programme about Tesco chickens! we eat meat straight from the farm shops, yes it costs a little more-not as much as you'd think if you shop around, if you go for quality rather than quantity then you really CAN taste the difference.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2013, 18:42,
(29 March 2013, 16:50)bigpaul Wrote: i think anyone under 40 will be in trouble come SHTF, not just in relation to food, but most under 40s live in centrally heated houses, have never seen an open fire, will be bringing disposable barbeques into the house on cold days to cook and decanting petrol into plastic bottles in the kitchen. next to a hot oven!...dont laugh...its already happened!! yes, people REALLY are that stupid.

It might surprise you but not everyone under 40 was brought up in central heated house's snuggled up under electric blankets.

I have always hated being lumped with stereotypes.
Winter is coming
29 March 2013, 19:00, (This post was last modified: 29 March 2013, 19:19 by bigpaul.)
(29 March 2013, 18:42)Hex Wrote: It might surprise you but not everyone under 40 was brought up in central heated house's snuggled up under electric blankets.

I have always hated being lumped with stereotypes.

sorry, i should have prefixed my comment with the word "MOST"!!!Big Grin and i was referring to Sheeple under 40s not preppers.

this place is getting like UKP with people taking a general remark as a personal one, what the hell is happening to this forum?
29 March 2013, 19:45,
Oh I'm not taking it as a direct personal attack, it just gets at me that most people over 40 seem to think the younger generations are a bunch of idiotic happy slapping chavs. I happen to agree that for the most part younger generations have lost touch with nature and basic survival skills because of the modern throw away culture that has developed. However this culture is more apparent the closer to cities you get, the further out you go into more rural areas, the more people will find alternative uses for something, know how to keep themselves warmer and are more likely to know how to find food or at least have a better idea of where their food comes from other than "the supermarket".
Winter is coming
30 March 2013, 09:51,
(29 March 2013, 19:45)Hex Wrote: Oh I'm not taking it as a direct personal attack, it just gets at me that most people over 40 seem to think the younger generations are a bunch of idiotic happy slapping chavs. I happen to agree that for the most part younger generations have lost touch with nature and basic survival skills because of the modern throw away culture that has developed. However this culture is more apparent the closer to cities you get, the further out you go into more rural areas, the more people will find alternative uses for something, know how to keep themselves warmer and are more likely to know how to find food or at least have a better idea of where their food comes from other than "the supermarket".

i agree with you, most city people have no idea where there food comes from..and dont care, would not know how to look after themselves in an emergency, and expect the govt to provide, people further away from cities are more closer to the land.
30 March 2013, 14:31, (This post was last modified: 30 March 2013, 14:37 by Luci_ferson.)
when you bought those chepo burger from sainsburys Iceland tecos or wherever.
and on the blox at the back it said
chicken 18 %
beef 28%
Rusk 17 %
onion 2 %
and 35 % other meat content.

what exactly did people think other meat content was ?
if it was turkey or lamb or someohter meat they would have said.
but they didn't, it just said other meat content.

im actualy surprised it was horse meat. I assumed it was something nastier.

and it wawsnt the supermarkets faults, it was europes fault.
twhen Europe banned using reconstituted mechanicaly seperated meats from being used.
the supermarkets had to find an alternative yet keep the prices down.
horsemeat was the solution.
its as much our own fault as europes. weve known the other meat content was in for years and just never bothered asking. (didn't care as long as it was cheap)

I don't care if im eating horse. I eat pig cow, goat. sheep. why should gee gee be any different.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson