Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is TS doesn't HTF?
5 September 2013, 11:41,
RE: What is TS doesn't HTF?
(5 September 2013, 08:21)MCavity Wrote: I'm looking at prepping as a kind of hobby that just might save my life one day. I know that sounds a bit fair weather to alot of you, but I like my lifestyle, home, holidays etc and won't overspend prepping if I look at it that way.
So for me at least I compromise by keeping my current lifestyle, as well as prepping. No regrets here Smile

Sounds perfectly sound to me.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the here and now, and at the same time preparing for uncertainties in the future too.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

5 September 2013, 11:49,
Yep its all good. Calling this a hobby still means that since March or so this year I have:

Started at an archery club and do regular tounaments.
Met some great people through the site.
Learned how to camp (or not to camp tbh).
Learned some basic survival skills.
Stocked up food & water etc for a rainy day.
Brought a load of kit (seiously I didn't even own a pair of walking shoes / boots this time last year).
Lost over half a stone in weight.

And still got my 5* holiday, so its been a great experience so far. Big Grin
5 September 2013, 11:51,
given what is happening in the world these days I don't think the question is-will it ever happen(SHTF that is),,,,,,but WHEN??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 September 2013, 15:39,
(5 September 2013, 11:51)bigpaul Wrote: given what is happening in the world these days I don't think the question is-will it ever happen(SHTF that is),,,,,,but WHEN??Big Grin

Dead right. I'm convinced that the economy is going to crash and burn, no country in the world has as much debt per capita as the UK and no country in history has survived an economy so unbalanced as ours. Add in a disenfranchised youth, stripped industry and an increasing population and you can see that disaster is on the horizon.

There is nothing that any political party can do about it, and they know it.

Spend your money and stock up on essentials, savings will be useless as the government try to inflate away the debt. There will be no state benefits, no state pensions, your private pension will be stolen.