Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Police Riot gear
30 August 2013, 08:49,
RE: Police Riot gear
i'm a bit concerned that anyone clumping around in this gear, especially post shtf, will become an obvious target?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 August 2013, 09:01,
(30 August 2013, 08:49)bigpaul Wrote: i'm a bit concerned that anyone clumping around in this gear, especially post shtf, will become an obvious target?

That's why you keep your head down. It's not for every day use, but for times when you know you may need it.
30 August 2013, 09:13, (This post was last modified: 30 August 2013, 09:17 by bigpaul.)
I don't really see the need for this stuff, its a bit OTT don't you think? I can see a use if you were patrolling and expecting to meet trouble but even then isn't it a bit heavy and cumbersome for any sort of activity?, its ok for the Police they don't move very far in it and they move in a group or a line together. sorry, i'm not trying to be negative but I feel a lot of this stuff is too "militia" for non military types.

I've just had a thought, instead of this stuff, why don't you buy some biker clothing, not leather, the cordura type stuff, with all the padding in it, jackets and trousers.

probably cheaper, I know a guy who sells it at Cheddar sunday market, fairly cheap and in good condition too.and then of course, its "dual use" clothing too!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 August 2013, 09:44,
Its not going to be for everyone BP. Personally if SHTF we are going to be in a massive unknown area, so protection for me is a no brainer.
If I have to do a run to collect water to and from my local stream i'm looking at 5 mins there and back plus 5 to fill, so 15 mins with extra protection is well worth it imo. Lol specially at Beardy prices!
30 August 2013, 09:47,
be good for zombies Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 August 2013, 09:48, (This post was last modified: 30 August 2013, 09:50 by bigpaul.)
(30 August 2013, 09:47)Barneyboy Wrote: be good for zombies Smile

so's a machete!Big Grin

(30 August 2013, 09:44)MCavity Wrote: Its not going to be for everyone BP. Personally if SHTF we are going to be in a massive unknown area, so protection for me is a no brainer.
If I have to do a run to collect water to and from my local stream i'm looking at 5 mins there and back plus 5 to fill, so 15 mins with extra protection is well worth it imo. Lol specially at Beardy prices!

well, everyone to their own MC! its not for me so i'll bug out of this one.
30 August 2013, 17:48,
to blend in try off road scrambler gear with reinforced jackets and leggins it wont stop a bullit or knife but helps to protect your body .
slips trips and falls remember health & safety Wink
Survive the jive (youtube )
30 August 2013, 17:52,
(30 August 2013, 17:48)Sunna Wrote: to blend in try off road scrambler gear with reinforced jackets and leggins it wont stop a bullit or knife but helps to protect your body .
slips trips and falls remember health & safety Wink

that's the type of stuff I was referring to Sunna.
30 August 2013, 19:51,
(30 August 2013, 08:49)bigpaul Wrote: i'm a bit concerned that anyone clumping around in this gear, especially post shtf, will become an obvious target?
LOL!

Be honest, BP, you're not one bit concerned about anyone clumping around in that gear, but you're trying to be polite! Big Grin

Here, wearing that stuff after the SHTF would be like wearing a big "shoot me" sign, front and back in fluorescent red! While it may (?) stop 9mm, any .30 cal hunting round will go through that gear like a hot knife through a stick of butter! In fact a 7.62 X 25 round from an old Russian Tokerev pistol with a muzzle velocity of 1650 fps will too. It would also be a bit warm to wear in the summertime here in Texas with a temperature of 100+F or so, unless you want to open up the guy's protective gear and find him roasted medium rare after two hours or so!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
30 August 2013, 20:05,
(30 August 2013, 19:51)Jonas Wrote:
LOL!

Be honest, BP, you're not one bit concerned about anyone clumping around in that gear, but you're trying to be polite! Big Grin

Here, wearing that stuff after the SHTF would be like wearing a big "shoot me" sign, front and back in fluorescent red! While it may (?) stop 9mm, any .30 cal hunting round will go through that gear like a hot knife through a stick of butter! In fact a 7.62 X 25 round from an old Russian Tokerev pistol with a muzzle velocity of 1650 fps will too. It would also be a bit warm to wear in the summertime here in Texas with a temperature of 100+F or so, unless you want to open up the guy's protective gear and find him roasted medium rare after two hours or so!

Not many people have 30 cal rifles here, and nobody has a tokerev.

Birdshot is quite easy to stop, a thin layer of plastic will do it as proven by my pigeon decoys which have been hit many times. More likely you will be attacked by someone with a stick / baton / rubber bullet of some sort, in which case a bit of armour will be useful.