Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stumbled across a cache
9 December 2013, 15:36,
RE: Stumbled across a cache
yep I think that's the general concensus.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2013, 18:15,
some interesting thoughts,

mine are as follows

i wasnt going to let him know i was a prepper by mentioning i had found it purely down to opsec what if he was part of a larger group? he knows my info so after tshf he would know i would have supplies ,

i wasnt going to take anything thats theft but in event the goal posts change and its a location of interest to me ,

my job takes me to residential and industrial daily , 20 miles radius and although 90 percent of things i see are of no use to me the other things are noted !

yes i seen the light and yes i went snooping , i am nosey but being nosey is going to save my life when tshf and i need supplies i have one more place to go to that is going to benefit my group
9 December 2013, 18:35,
(9 December 2013, 18:15)Shaysdad99 Wrote: yes i seen the light and yes i went snooping , i am nosey but being nosey is going to save my life when tshf and i need supplies i have one more place to go to that is going to benefit my group

Being nosy may indeed save your life, but it may also cost you your life. If you were to open a prepper friend of mine's cache (he's an old Korean/Viet Nam vet) it would cost you dearly, as in B-O-O-B-Y-T-R-A-P!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
9 December 2013, 18:41,
(9 December 2013, 18:35)Jonas Wrote:
(9 December 2013, 18:15)Shaysdad99 Wrote: yes i seen the light and yes i went snooping , i am nosey but being nosey is going to save my life when tshf and i need supplies i have one more place to go to that is going to benefit my group

Being nosy may indeed save your life, but it may also cost you your life. If you were to open a prepper friend of mine's cache (he's an old Korean/Viet Nam vet) it would cost you dearly, as in B-O-O-B-Y-T-R-A-P!

here in uk people are too lazy to boobytrap however would make a good poll on how many have set trapsTongue
9 December 2013, 18:48,
(9 December 2013, 18:41)Shaysdad99 Wrote: here in uk people are too lazy to boobytrap however would make a good poll on how many have set trapsTongue

many people wouldn't set a booby trap not cos their lazy but because their all too law abiding(see previous replies in this thread)!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2013, 18:56,
(9 December 2013, 18:48)bigpaul Wrote:
(9 December 2013, 18:41)Shaysdad99 Wrote: here in uk people are too lazy to boobytrap however would make a good poll on how many have set trapsTongue

many people wouldn't set a booby trap not cos their lazy but because their all too law abiding(see previous replies in this thread)!!!Big Grin

ah yes the ones who will be the best citizens and who will not be committing sins when everything has gone to sh*t and hooligans are running amok Dodgy
9 December 2013, 18:59,
(9 December 2013, 18:56)Shaysdad99 Wrote:
(9 December 2013, 18:48)bigpaul Wrote:

ah yes the ones who will be the best citizens and who will not be committing sins when everything has gone to sh*t and hooligans are running amok Dodgy
yep "those" ones! also known as "the soon to be deceased!"Big GrinBig Grin
9 December 2013, 19:13,
Interesting. You could justify looking down there to check the guy didnt have children down there, in this day and age more likely than prepper storage! Id potentially look at it as a BOL. Id say hey old man, you left the light on etc and i prep too. If TSHTF, i might bug out here. If he's old i could trade my physical advantages and hunting skills for a share of his supplies. And if your really ruthless, follow same plan but dispose of old man instead. There is a good chance someone living somewhere like that has a shotgun.
9 December 2013, 19:20,
(9 December 2013, 19:13)Gab Wrote: Interesting. You could justify looking down there to check the guy didnt have children down there, in this day and age more likely than prepper storage! Id potentially look at it as a BOL. Id say hey old man, you left the light on etc and i prep too. If TSHTF, i might bug out here. If he's old i could trade my physical advantages and hunting skills for a share of his supplies. And if your really ruthless, follow same plan but dispose of old man instead. There is a good chance someone living somewhere like that has a shotgun.

Hmmm.....I don't think I'd want to be caught underground by loonies looking for a free lunch, AND your talking about MURDERING the old man in cold blood for his supplies.....that's a bit much even for ME, self defence is one thing but cold bloody murder???
10 December 2013, 00:26,
There are a lot more people around than you think who prep. Most - 95%? 98%? 99%? Do not call themselves preppers. They do not identify themselves as such, they do not post on, or for the main part, visit prepping forums. They would not even think of themselves as preppers. They do not know such a culture exists.

I have bumped into many - people I have met through shooting, fishing, food growing, urban and rural industry exploring, through shared appreciation of certain vehicles and types of vehicles, people I have met at BBQs who have asked about sausages I have made, or I asked about beer or cider they have brewed.

Conversations develop, and once you can see you have several things in common with the other person, even if they are a stranger, conversation develops.

People get into it, or are born into it in a number of different ways - they are from farming stock, frugal country people, people who have a bit but have been poor, cold war preppers who did not stop the habit, those that do it through self responsibility and those that do it in case something like TSHTF happens.

From my dealings with such people, if you were to try and help yourself to their stuff pre SHTF, just remember, their preping is something they would rather keep off the radar.

If they can dig a hole to put a decent cache in, they can dig a hole to put you in.

Post SHTF, while some may have sympathy for those that cannot help themselves, they will make an example of those that go a little bit too far in trying to help themselves.

Remember that, in coming years, as government spends less on policing and law and order, the leniency shown by jurors and judges to those defending themselves will increase.

Treat others as you yourself would seek to be treated. Treat attackers as a direct threat. Treat everyone else with caution.

I would not like to think that one day, I should find some one I have shared words with here trying to take what is mine.

I will defend it.