Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Dig Potatos
25 June 2014, 17:47,
RE: No Dig Potatos
As far as I know, the issue with tires is when they are on a vehicle, and tiny particles are worn off as they are used on the road, which then wash away and create problems. If you rinse them off and give them a good scrub I think there would be little issue with pollution, both with the soil and the final crop.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
25 June 2014, 18:23,
never had to wash used tyres at anytime and I have been using this method for 15 years without any problems!!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 June 2014, 07:36,
(25 June 2014, 18:23)bigpaul Wrote: never had to wash used tyres at anytime and I have been using this method for 15 years without any problems!!Angry

The problem is that you have no idea whether it's done you harm or not. Tyres contain a number of carcinogens, do they get into your body through the spuds ? Does water collect in the tyre walls, leach out chemicals, and get sucked up the roots ? Who knows.

http://www.brightonpermaculture.org.uk/n...tyres.html
26 June 2014, 08:09, (This post was last modified: 26 June 2014, 08:34 by bigpaul.)
like I say, been using this method for 15 years without any adverse effects.

I only put about 5 potatoes in the bottom tyre, well away from the tyre walls, in a sort of diamond pattern, so nothing is touching the tyre itself.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.