Survival UK Forums

Full Version: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sounds good to me. A big step forward I think.

Which program due you use to update your HT, I've got VIP and Chirp - both seem to work ok.
(7 November 2012, 17:04)gary5wift Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good to me. A big step forward I think.

Which program due you use to update your HT, I've got VIP and Chirp - both seem to work ok.

Using the one that came wit the programming cable....not sure what its called.

I didn't used to like computer progreamming of HTs and am not a great fan even now as ittakes away the skill to program by hand in the field. However I have to admit that wnen programming a bundle of radios or sharing programming electronically, its excellent.

I know where you are coming from but being able to save and share images cuts out a lot of leg work and also allows you to keep copies of multiple configs for use in different situations. e.g we could have 2 versions of the SUK config, one legal/semi legal version for day to day use and testing etc. The other with all the currently "illegal" mods activated and ready for use in the event of a SHTF scenario. Wink
(7 November 2012, 17:41)gary5wift Wrote: [ -> ]I know where you are coming from but being able to save and share images cuts out a lot of leg work and also allows you to keep copies of multiple configs for use in different situations. e.g we could have 2 versions of the SUK config, one legal/semi legal version for day to day use and testing etc. The other with all the currently "illegal" mods activated and ready for use in the event of a SHTF scenario. Wink

Good Idea Gary,

that's good thinking, and not too much hard work to create two images to deal with both situations.
Yep - just name them carefully so they dont get mixed up. e.g. suk.img and shft.img
PROGRESS:

As per G5's idea, two Programming protocols for the UV5r have been completed.

One is for Pre-SHTF: This one has all PMR446 and LPD frequencies programmed for Transmit and receive, and all other frequencies programmed for listening only. All channels are labelled with individual names, so that frequencies do not have to be remembered.

The other is identical to the first, but has transmit enabled on all channels

A BIG thank you to Gary for Beta testing both images, which appear to be functioning as intended.

We'll test some more over the weekend, and if satisfied with results, I'll post the images for download on this thread next week.
Good Work LS.

Changing all the ch and freq manually is a bit of a chore on the handset , but it is easy enough to pick up and learn.

VIP is the standard software that is sometimes bundled with it , it can also be easily downloaded , there are 2 versions available depending on what version of firmware is on your handset.

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS VALID OR NOT , PLEASE CHECK ONLINE BEFORE YOU TRY AND SAVE THESE SETUPS ONTO YOUR HANDSET , DEPENDING ON YOUR FIRMWARE THEY MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE.

I am currently looking into this online to see if its the case.

CHIRP is an excellent bit of software and is continually upgraded , it opens up even more capabilities on the radio , some have had success with 27Mhz , 520Mhz being available for receive only on it I am led to believe.

TLN.
Hi

I've tested both images provided by LS, loading them in to my radio with VIP. My radio is a UV-5R Plus, firmware v291.

Great work by LS - thank you for all the effort you've put in to this.

Regards
Gary
Apologies G5 , I meant to mention your contribution also , thanks for your efforts mate , they are appreciated.
No problem Ned - LS did all the hard work, I just dumped them into my radio and tested the channels. Smile

Although I'm on firmware v291 I think the images will work with any of the Baofeng UV5R range, as long as you use the version of VIP that is compatible with your radio's firmware version.

I guess we could now do with some people on different firmware versions to confirm this?

Cheers
Gary
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10