Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protection Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(14 February 2014, 21:17)uks Wrote: [ -> ]Right then clear as much land as possible clear line of sight. Establish firing points with firing arc, control entry points, can you set up a concelled O.P. that gives you around vision, does everyone have a defensive item, do those defensive items have enough item to use, can more be made by the women?, do you have night vision, do you have a place to fall back to defend until the end ie house.

Have range makers set up from the defensive position, pointless firing when out of range.

One other point attack is sometimes the best form of defence

And there was me thinking about planting some more potatoes......I didn't realize I would have to be a full time soldier instead.

Seriously, some of you guys are deranged.
It is not being deranged, it is simply being aware that one can plant all the potatoes they wish, but without proper security they may not be the ones that get to eat them.
i think we are missing the point here, all this talk of tactics and stuff, we wont be facing a known enemy in a war situation, it will be a SOCIETAL COLLAPSE and there will be a lot of crazies out there, I'm not sure normal rules of engagement would apply. I was always told the best guerrilla fighters were the American Apaches, who didnt stay in one place, hit and run, hit and run???

after TSHTF its going to go one of two ways, either its MARTIAL law or NO law at all, either TPTB are in charge or no one is.
BP if you kid yourself into thinking after an event everybody is going to be a rank amateur then you are quite likely going to have a nasty shock.....no doubt there will be lots off poorly equipped brave desperate souls out there taking big risks and often paying with there lives but in general they will not be the main threat...you'll probably never hear or see the survivalist who puts you down.[/b]

Planning a static defence is about stopping the casual aggressor from killing you and taking you're pile/stuff or both , but its can never be 100% secure but you just have to do your best , a bit of work preparing defenses could make a huge difference and organisation/discipline and tactics will usually defeat a rabble unless they have a massive numbers advantage.
I love potatoes, and as MB points out growing is one thing ....eating them might well turn out to be something else, but back to the point ...all I wanted and asked for was how a ex soldier would handle defence and security and give me some pointers and advice , to enable me to fend off if possible a attack from any given threat , and deranging myself to a safer position.
Midnitemo, I have never agreed with the theory of the roving bands of looters-be they civi or ex mil, I think that is a fantasy watching too much Mad Max movies, I still haven't been given an answer as to why ANY band of such would come here-where people have very little to start with and after TSHTF will have even less- such an exercise would waste more resources than would be found, plus I am a long way from ANY city and HUNDREDS of miles from any BIG city, plus if things go that bad I will have bugged out long ago. if we have the kind of weather we have just had more people will die by drowning than would be killed by any armed group!! the south west is currently cut of by rail from the rest of the country, post SHTF it wouldn't take much for the roads to be cut off too especially with no one repairing them. I could go on but I cant be bothered.
BP you're in denial....i mentioned a couple of reasons why people may come your way.....you have numerous military camps dotted round your neck of the woods SF just up the way on the north devon coast ffs more marines across the moors , do you not think if the world goes to hell in a handbasket that a fair few of these highly skilled troops will not go awol and head of home to help there loved ones..many of them passing through your part of the world as they go back up country, don't forget marines/sailors and the RAF are drawn from all over the UK

Refugee's displaced persons don't plan ahead they just move away from trouble and strife hoping to survive.
Sheer desparation BP although I agree to some extent that to expend effort to find food and supplies sounds at; first glance seems odd but people will not just give up without a fight ....hungry desperate equals danger of the killing kind.
guys, this subject has been done loads of time before, its in the archives if anyone can be bothered to read it. previous conclusions were reached that ALL troops of whatever military-and Police too- would ALL GO HOME and take care of their own families, not go wondering all over the countryside hoping to fall over food and supplies, that's pure fiction. I've said all I'm going to, as far as I am concerned, SUBJECT CLOSED. in future I am NOT going to disclose my plans, preps and opinions on an open site. apart from anything else, its a waste of time.
(17 February 2014, 15:38)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I love potatoes, and as MB points out growing is one thing ....eating them might well turn out to be something else, but back to the point ...all I wanted and asked for was how a ex soldier would handle defence and security and give me some pointers and advice , to enable me to fend off if possible a attack from any given threat , and deranging myself to a safer position.

I would love to have this discussion with you SS.

It would be a pleasure to transfer some knowledge that might keep you alive in a tight spot and let you prepare for the bumps along the road.

It is simply impossible to do so with all the trolling and negative reaction to every answer any of us with knowledge on this subject
are exposed too when trying to answer.

I have fought "civilian armies" as well as fully equipped troops. I have set up defenses for outposts, safe houses and refugee camps on three continents, sometimes with plenty of equipment and support and sometimes with none of the normal equipment.

So have others here but, as you can see, we are being shouted down by people on a "survival forum" that are in complete denial.

Running this gauntlet of abuse is clouding the subject matter and making any advice an incomprehensible mess among the sniping.

I suppose we will need to switch to PM mode if we wish to convey serious information, depriving the general forum population of any knowledge.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13