Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protection Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Nice we've got a nano for fault finding on the TD5.
(15 February 2014, 23:16)uks Wrote: [ -> ]Nice we've got a nano for fault finding on the TD5.

That could be very handy! Though hopefully I'll never need it......
If your in Devon we are 200 miles away.
Were i to happen along and become interested then i would observe from distance(for as long as it takes) until i was confident i'd seen everyone , weapons carried , vehicles available/ note routines see if i could discern the leader from body language/deference etc note the access and egress points study the topography for possible approaches on my map , note coms(di pole mag mount wire antenae)wouldn't want the cavalry showing up at an in opportune moment would we...then and only then would a plan be formed(if weren't put of by there disposition)

The way to foil me is don't follow a routine as this will be used against you...vary tasks and times , observation requires stealth and there are only so many spots they can be mounted from,nobody knows your land like you do so learn the potential sites and monitor them , livestock/dog's are a fekkin nuisance to spotters so utilise them , if you are armed to the teeth make a show of it, if you're not then keep as much as you can out of sight , you need to mount clearing patrols at irregular intervals and not following a clear route or pattern , walking the dog with a shotgun counts...hope this helps.
Still waiting bp and I think we will be for sometime. This just goes to show that having a little knowledge makes you a very dangerous person to be giving advice out. That's why you have 4 negative comments in the last 4 months people have seen the truth. Which is something I've known for a long time.
Ninety nine percent of your post are complete rubbish be littiling people for there views, the equipment they have, where they live, there BOV,s, the list goes on. All the post you added to this thread were frankly sh1t let's face, no real help just the usually slagging people off. They say give a man enough rope and he will hang himself, SS could see this and waited to drop the bombshell and you hanged yourself, I heard that neck break from here.
STILL WAITING BP
This scenario is an excellent idea SS. Thanks for keeping it rolling. But it got a little diverted.

BP look at Midnight's post just above this one: There are two types of threats from the military. outright military intervention, which we've discussed elsewhere, and secondly attack from ex mil types.

Re the latter: The military is trained to live off the land, and to get what they need by taking from civilian populations when necessary. This is especially true of older generation troops. There is a danger to preppers from the large numbers of de-commissioned troops in the general population. When their families' survival is at stake, they will revert to using learned skills to get them through. They may no longer be armed with NVGs and latest assault weapons, but their tactical and fighting skills will be way beyond that od the general population, and that includes SS's little cottage in this scenario. It can also be assumed that these guys will on average survive longer than general population sheeple and will pose a potent threat.

Its useful for non Mil trained preppers to understand how these guys think, and what tactics they might employ. Again Midnight's post illustrates this well.

Question: Has anyone got an idea of the number of trained, decommissioned mil personnel in the UK population at the moment? That'll be an interesting number for sure.

Devonian wrote:

these external measures to improve defence; provide clear lines of sight; defensive positions; incorporating wire into the roof; steel lined shutters etc etc are just going to draw attention to you. You may as well have a neon sign saying Preppers R Us!!

LS Replies: Spot on mate. Blend into the background, don't make a show of your capabilities. First line of defence is not to make a target of ourselves.
At last ! Thanks LS

At last again thanks midnite
I have to sleep sometimes UKS I'm not like some on here 24/7 Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin like I said previously, if a load of soldiers turned up with a load of arms and stuff then its probably game over! no civi group could withstand that kind of onslaught. however my problem is why ANYONE-army or civi- would want to come here, to the outskirts of a very small rural town-population of a medium sized village where most people have nothing in the larder-NO larder anyway- to start with, to a place many of them have never heard of or even know where it is?? my thoughts are NOT that an army group couldn't do it but WHY they would do it as the pickings would be slim to non existent!
The plan is to reduce the army by 20000 over the next few years plus the 1000's that have already been made redundant. In other words a bloody lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13