Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protection Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I thought it was only us girls that had "Moody Monthlys"
Must admit, this is why I spend most of my on line learning time over on p2s now!

Shame as I thought I'd found the place to really learn some useful things.
It is NOT the patrolling former soldier who dominates the situation, its not the idiot with an all singing all dancing AR15 who thinks he is Rambo, its not the veteran soldier, its not the kiddies who play bushcraft.

It is the intelligent person with good local knowledge and the learned skill of using the land it his or her advantage who will dominate, It is the skilled youngster with the single shot 22 who you have not seen who only has to get lucky once. Local knowledge, practice and a healthy dose of luck is what will see most people through. It really does not matter if you have all the Gucci kit and a big battle rifle, if you are entering an area where the locals are utterly familiar and comfortable the chances are the locals will dominate.

Fortune favours the defenders in the main, if they are prepped of course. I've got over 20 years under my best as a soldier, much of it as an infantryman, yet time after time the well concealed defender or the distant rifleman you have not detected who starts the kill tally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...capes.html
I would add that for the homesteading or off gridding prepper that they look at learn about guerrilla gardening as well, ie never planting crops in neat rows or lines, plant stuff mixed and irregular patterns so it simply looks like wild plant growth not regular crop farming, equally the dispersal of critters such as sheep, pigs, goats, chooks etc over a larger area reduces the risk of them being detected and poached. I'm of the opinion that our dietry needs will change dramatically after TSHTF primarily because if we grow critters we have to tend them and guard them which puts us in a vulnerable position. but crops if planted wisely can often to a certain degree be left to fend for themselves with only occasional pest control being required. The extra protein we need coming from fresh and salt water fish and molluscs, birds etc.

And I would suggest the wiser and more prudent among us does not debate or talk about our own domestic security arrangements for two good reasons, (1) personal OPSEC and (2) most recipients on the forums are not worth helping as they are not motivated or committed as some and are likely to simply become parasitic hangers on.

I also believe brains not guns will be the prime decider after TSHTF.

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/
trouble with forums in general is, anyone can pretend to be something they are not, we have no way of knowing, some kid sitting in a bed sit in East Londonistan can pretend he's from somewhere in Scotland and lives on a big hunting estate, we have no way of telling truth from fiction. we just have to take it all on face value-or not.
Forums can only be a small part of a preppers arrangements, 90% of material on forums is either opinion, third hand information, out of date, inapplicable to the readers circumstances and simply wrong. One can only glean snippets of useful information here and there.
Part of the problem is far to many people are simply consumers, they join forums to download material and not to contribute that's just life, as are the fantasists, wannabes and hobby preppers its easier to simply ignore or block the irrelevant stuff.

The one aspect of American prepping culture I so admire is their " Can do and will do" attitude compared to the predominant UK attitude of "I've 500 pathetic reasons why I cannot" All the genuinely interested can do is to try and tip toe through the detritus and pick out the useful bits that interest them. Sadly for me many of the opinions and viewpoints I benefit from simply get closed or deleted.

Anyway over the last few years everyone I admired and learned so much from appear to have given up on forums.
I apologise to the forum for my use of the word "deranged".
Given SS's position and the fact that he's a producer of food my first consideration would be can i use this as a regular source of food(petty theft)nobody in there right mind wants combat/conflict , getting injured is a very big problem and losing manpower even bigger as there not easily replaced, i'd maybe look toward doing a bit of nocturnal harvesting maybe burgle the barn/roots store of small quantities so hopefully it will go unnoticed.
good luck with that !Angry
Why the grumpy face...the scenario has us in wrol situation and I have people to feed / care for .... I find theft as abhorrent as the next man and in a civilised existence wouldn't dream off it... I have a good moral compass but I'm not kidding myself that deep within lurks the primeval survival instincts , taking small amounts in my book given the circumstances is preferable to putting any of my group in harms way and killing or injuring the homesteaders that's not to say that if my need was desperate enough I would take the property.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13