Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protection Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I am now satified my question is answered chaps.....as a employer for many years ,I have had the Privilege of employing a fair few ex soldiers and to a man their commitment to any task was always 100% in fact they eat work and once they did that they looked to eat more, as PREPPERS who better to ask? Enough now with the slagging off that get us no where at all......love and kisses SS
and my previous comments were based on the fact that you hadn't-at that time-answered SS's question just a load of waffle about how good the British Army is-which we all know, but you hadn't like I say at that time answered with any concrete and useful info-I believe you have now answered to SS's satisfaction, however as I don't stay up on line to 02.30 I wasn't to know that. any thing I write I based on a life times experience of dealing with people, most of them are no damned good, especially when the chips are down, the only people I trust to have watching my back in a crisis are Hells Angels and outlaw Bikers, and that's from personal experience .
Plus a lot of these current troops could suffering from Mental issues Post traumatic stress disorder.
isn't that what they called "shell shock" in the old days? we'll have plenty of people running around with mental health issues post SHTF, I wonder how long they will last when all the drugs have gone?

I would be very interested if some one would answer my post #69.
One last thing i would say is recognise the threat,,,don't slug it out with vastly superior forces make your decision wether to stay or go quickly as your chances of succesfully withdrawing diminish very quickly once battle is joined.
(16 February 2014, 07:20)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Re the latter: The military is trained to live off the land, and to get what they need by taking from civilian populations when necessary. This is especially true of older generation troops.
I've got to disagree with this statement. Since Wellingtons time the military has always relied on an extensive supply train as stealing from the civvie population is always counter-productive. Soldiers are trained to live off of what they can carry on their backs and any that can live off the land are either members of the Sports And Social club or self trained 'cos that's what interests them. One possibility no one has thought of is that ex-mil or rogue units might see some homesteading preppers and offer their expertise in defense and patroling in exchange for a secure base to call home and settle.
not all the forces are "teeth arms" ie out and out combat troops, at a guess i'd say 50% the rest are support arms with very little tactical training , and most ex mil will be just one or two in a group so mostly not able to operate as regulars although they may have the nescessary skills and knowledge others in there group don't , this means the group is reduced to an irregular force standard , they may in the face of a determined defense fail to press home an attack , can be pretty unnerving when the shit starts to fly , the untrained may find some decent cover and not want to leave it which means your assault will stall as it requires fire and movement with mutually supporting teams/squads
But where are all these firearms and munitions going to come from?

Yes there may be a few shotguns and 22 rifles around, but there will not be many (if any) assault rifles in general circulation and when it comes to ammunition that is likely to be in even shorter supply, and what ammunition there is, is likely to run out pretty quickly.....

Most likely bows and arrows will be used for repelling raiders at a distance, with clubs and knives being used for close combat.
yes, I wondered that too! I don't think ammo is going to last very long especially if the group(of whoever) has to break out of a big city plus fight their way through every town, village and hamlet on the way out to wherever it is they are going. and just where is this hypothetical group going and why? do they have a plan and what is it?
over a million shotgun certs in circulation so one person in every 63 has one , i personally know over twenty people with them and none of them have only one shotgun so that means say one shotgun for every 40 people in the uk(i personally have four soon to be five)approx 130,000 firearms certs in circulation, again there are a few stalkers that have only one rifle but in the main most have a small collection , at my most prollific time with an fac i had 7 and 2 shotguns , most of my friends i shot in the club with had similiar or more guns , i'd say probs half a million firearms in private ownership currently, these guns wil be traded stolen raided after an event , owners will arm there groups , i think there will be more guns out there than you think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13