Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protection Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
if the ammo isn't available, has degraded or has been used up, they will become very expensive clubs! I was under the impression that only a certain amount of ammo was allowed on the certificate and I am sure any gun dealer who noticed anyone buying a LOT of ammo would notify the police. firearms unit on the doorstep pronto, a member of the rapid response unit is a member of my gun club, must have a talk to him one day!!
BP most shooters have the facility to make there own ammo as factory ammo is prohibitively expensive and there are no restrictions on how many component parts you can keep , it only becomes ammo and restricted once you build it....ammo kept properly will last pretty much indefinately(100 years easy,i've bought and shot ww2 surplus ammo many times)
OK more guns that I was aware.

Most recent figures I could find are here and show 580K Shotgun certs covering 1.3M shotguns:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog...rtificates
I've just renewed our membership of the local gun club, I think I'd better keep my ear to the ground, never know what I can pick up, its the certificate that worries me, I don't like getting on official lists, after TSHTF is another matter, i'll use whatever I can get my hands on!
Now thats some good data....i was working fro m memory, stats i'd read many moons ago....but as i said a lot of guns and unsurprisingly disproportionally high per capita in the countryside.

using Devonian's stats there is one "legal"gun for every 30 people in the UK ...factor in a die off some significance and some illegal gun's and maybe some liberated/looted or deserters making of with there personal weapons from tptb and it wouldn't be hard to believe there would be a gun for every 20 people in the UK
still not had an answer to my questions #69 #79, its all hypothetical anyway, does anyone really know what will happen? I guess "you pays your money & you makes your choice".
Who knows why refugee's and displaced persons do what they do and go where they go...its a mystery to me , escape persecution , seeking agricultural land/work, escaping polution/irradiation(you live in an area where the prevailing winds may save you which would make it a desirable destination under certain circumstances)who know's? more concerning for you personally is you live in a gun ownership hotspot so local armed competition for resources will be your threat.
I think at the end of the day its just a guessing game, we don't KNOW what will happen or how persons known and unknown will behave, so anything could or couldn't happen, so we just make the best choice we can, survive or fall we've given it our best shot. I only know 3 people I can trust when the chips are down, most people are no damn good, at least if I go with that in mind I wont be surprised when they prove me right.
Many thanks to one and all......some great posts and even better.......advice n insights SS?
In any given endeavor the person that has prior training and experience in that endeavor will have a better chance of success than the untrained novice.

As an example, I was taught how to stop armored vehicles if caught without antitank guns. I therefore do not have the fear of vehicle attack that others might have.

I was taught how to establish a defense without the "proper tools". Since I have done that and have defended against armed attack I do not view a defense as a wasted effort.

We can not give specific 1,2,3 instructions on any event because every event is different, the terrain is different and the time frame, weather and people are different.

Our training is based on the use of a set of standards that can be adapted to use in any situation to insure success in that situation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13