Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protection Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(15 February 2014, 20:29)uks Wrote: [ -> ]OK bp
1. you would be attacked for a number of different reasons be it short term gain for food, water or medicine get in and get out

2. you would be attacked for your long term resources ie your dwelling land animals etc

Each one would require a different approach for the first one fast entry to the property to catch everyone off guard then leave no survivors take what you want and go, this would not matter how much damage was done to the property so ramming with some sort of vehicle would a fair option.

The second one would require more planning watching looking for weakness, sloppy habits, look outs what do they have NVG, weapons, number in the group what the group consist of, patrols, night watch, sensors, alarms etc . Would more than likely take place at night or at first light the idea would be to take the place intact.

Defence would have to hinder the attackers movement long enough for everyone to stand to in there firing positions. Each person would have to know there arc of fire not to be firing at the same person wasting ammo. Each person would need to be undercover of some form to protect them. Pre position markers would be placed in front of all lines of fire for ranging. The drive would need to be blocked to prevent vehicle access. SS would need to be the leader co-originating his defenders. Ideally the house would be a fall back position rather than the main defence women and children would be already in the building. The house would be the last line of defence entrances would be controlled and then blocked, ground floor windows would be boarded and backed them metal or something for protection, second floor windows would be also boarded and used to fire from. Roof would be lined with wire to stop intruders
Chavs by there very nature are not the brightest and with a well laid out defence would think about moving somewhere easy. Eastern euro would be gone or intern and deported. Lone wolfs and small parties of 2 or 3 would be easy.

Now BP time to put your answer having re-read all of your post relating to this you have not actually put anything thing constructive down as to how SS should set up his defences just slagged other off. It would appear that you have no idea or practical experience as I have noticed with a lot of your post.

bp
I repeat, complete and utter flannel, come up with some concrete information as to the threat as asked by SS and we might-just might- believe you. in other words, answer the bloody question. Come on bp still waiting.

Well if the raiders are that organised and well equipped, they will probably just roll on up in some armoured vehicles, be they ex-military vehicles or something more mad max style and then everything will be over before it has started any kind of resistance would be futile, you are better off just getting away as quickly as you can.

Alternatively lets say you managed to fight them off on their first attack, what do you think they are going to do? bugger off and leave you alone? No of course not, they'll be back and they will be better prepared next time.

The idea of a small number of civilians (with limited resources/weapons) being able to repel an organisation militia is laughable.

Similarly if you fortify your house to these extents, they will either burn you out or put a hole through the wall, as they will want to know what you are hiding/protecting.

Far better to keep supplies hidden and to have multiple viable escape plans/routes.

Repelling untrained chavs is a different matter and is much more achievable, as you have said, placed in a situation where their lives are at risk, they will soon turn and run.
Devonian you could make tank traps out of steel or concrete or dig a tank trap all the way around your chosen location steep vertical side means the vehicle is basically trapped and at the mercy of the defenders. Assault over no armoured support.

If you can blow the fuel tank to make sure, crew has 2 choices burn in the wreck or come out and get shot.
Sorry UKs did you mean nvgs give off a green light.? No tractor only a 2.8 bitchy ....that could make a mess if aimed right and a house brick on the throttle
You'll be sending in the apache's next lol!!

For half a dozen cans of beans......
Like I said to SS there is more I can teach him, but the man has enough to be going on with. This will not stand up to a highly trained unit with shed loads of modern assault weapons but it will stop a small raiding party. Given what I have asked SS about his group make up.

Yes you MAYBE able to see a green glow reflection of the attackers face its like a TV screen but these days the better ones do not give off much light.

No apaches taking it to far, with loads of troops deserting it is a real possibility. If you prepare for the worst case and it does not happen then great. Look on withams auction site you can pick up tracked armoured vehicles for the price of a half decent LR. get the fuel is another matter.
GUYs for fuck sake, I will have a duo of F16s dropping hellcats on me next, there is no need for this to justify any one persons view . No army Is after me......less they hate what I do to my drum kit....that was never my question ! Read the bloody thread in short a soldiers perspective I thought was worth looking at and I am now satisfied .......just had a vision of SD tumping down double hits of jelly babies and sherbert lemon chasers wondering WTF is this lot about and holding a sledge hammer in the other hand wispering to himself f..ck the army mill types SS check this out......swing .....bong...--gone
http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle...CVR(T).htm
One for devonian

Actually SS this would be a great BOV for your special cargo.
(15 February 2014, 22:24)uks Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle...CVR(T).htm
One for devonian

Yes like you, I like my Land Rovers, so I'm well aware of these sites selling Ex MoD equipment.

All I was trying to point out is that in the situations being described most of us really wouldn't stand a chance and the best option would be to get off of Dodge ASAP, rather than trying to stay put and defend the undefendable.

Also all these external measures to improve defence; provide clear lines of sight; defensive positions; incorporating wire into the roof; steel lined shutters etc etc are just going to draw attention to you. You may as well have a neon sign saying Preppers R Us!!
But what a lot of you don't know is SS situation it's a rock and a hard place. What have you got 90 or 110?.
90 TD5 Hardtop
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13