Survival UK Forums

Full Version: gun dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Not a problem MB, I got it in the end so that's the main thing. There's still no need for them to come into people's homes & speak to them like a piece of crap like she did to me. I'll have to leave my complaint though otherwise I'll have no chance of a renewal Smile

Thank you for the congrats, hopefully you won't mind me asking what I'm sure will be utterly simplistic questions as I'd love to learn all I can & your years of gun use will be good source of information if you're willing to continue sharing your knowledge.

What I can say about my license is I'm glad it's valid for 5 years. I'm utterly skint just now so my 1st gun purchase will have to wait a little while.
well done Rob...I'm stoked for you.
Once you get paper in hand get yourself down to the local club and put word out that you need a good gun cheap. From what I have seen on here there are a lot of good SS guns for extremely low prices if you have room on your certificate.
Cheers Mo.

MB, I'm getting the shotgun cert aswell as firearms & plan on at least 2 12g. For firearms, all I have asked for is .22lr with it being my 1st application. I've asked for a bolt action, semi-auto & a long barrelled pistol. For the semi-auto I want a ruger 10-22 & the LBP, I want a k22 whisper. It's the bolt action I'm unsure of what to get. But that's if they've granted everything I asked for.
Well Rob the suspense is killing me...did you get all you asked for? and while I remember I took a pic of a new addition to the cabinet, taken about six weeks ago now but I didn't post it because the Charlie hebdo attack was just beginning to play out on the air and I thought it would probably be in bad taste so I left it and consequently forgot.

oooops missed a pic
Only got a slot for 1 x bolt action & 1 x self loading. Both in .22 calibre. Sound moderators granted for both rifles.

Asked for 1500 rounds as I can easily go through 300-400 when I'm at the range myself & use around 1200 a session when I take guests. Permission granted for only 600. I'm assuming if I quickly fill the boxes with ammo purchases, I can justify a request to have the limit increased.

Bizzarely, no mention of the long barrelled pistol. Not a rejection or anything, just vanished out of existence it seems. I've emailed the police to question it as basc have said if it's not there, they want a reason in writing.

Overall, what I've got will do me to start with.

Is that the 22/77 you have there? I'm not too good at identifying guns yet, but quite fancied that specific model myself for the b/a slot.
Hi Rob , tis 77/357 the .22's bigger brother , well worth an ask about the reduced ammo and the missing long barrel pistol , I never got fully what I asked for regarding ammo , had to do a bit of horse trading and negotiation , asked for 1500 .22 got 1000 am using up my spaces rapidly as I go through it at a rate of knots at the range.
I can't afford the price of the .357 ammo to shoot the numbers I do with the .22lr, which is why I never asked for anything larger. It's £12 a box of 50 at my club, so 300-400 soon mounts up, at least with the .22lr its only a few quid a box.

Is it just a standard variation to request the ammo limit increased? Just thinking if I blast through my allowance & fill all the boxes on the cert, I'm justified in requesting to keep more. What is the procedure for once you've filled all the ammo purchase boxes on a cert?

I'm itching to get my 1st gun now, but don't want to rush into a purchase of a cheap rifle & regret it later.

Cheers.
For someone like myself that knows very little about this, how does the ammo allowance work on the FAC. Is it the maximum you can hold at any one time, or are you not allowed to use more than what is shown on the FAC?

If its a maximum at any one time, do you have to take the empty casing back or something before you are allowed more?

Probably a completely stupid question, but what the heck!
As far as I'm aware dev, it's based on trust. The police trust you not to abuse the limit they set, bearing in mind you've already convinced them you're trustworthy enough to own guns & bullets in the 1st place. There's the obvious incentive of avoiding prison to help you abide by the rules.

They're allowed to come & request to inspect your security arrangements at any reasonable time, or so I was informed so the risk to most people with an ounce of common sense is far too big to take in order to store a few extra rounds.

As always, if you're that way inclined, there are ways & means to get around the rules (illegally) but it's not worth it for me personally.

As for holding/using limits, what is mentioned on your cert is the maximum you can possess away from a range at any one time. When ammo is purchased at a range to use immediately, there's no limit. At least at the club I shoot at anyway.

I'm by no way an expert, so please can someone correct any/all bits where I'm wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18