Survival UK Forums

Full Version: gun dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Wise words Mort, I have two CZ452's, one in .22 other in HMR, both great rifles.
I did come home with the 10/22 carbine and a spare bx 25 mag....this is just the start point as I have plan's to improve it with a trigger kit/stock , I know them to be a bit basic but I'm not after a tack driver...next one possibly on Monday will be a bit more of a precision rimfire...looking at a Weatherby/Anschutz
Good Lad, excellent choice, bit of tweeking ( not twerking) trigger polish or trigger upgrade, something like a choate or similar synthetic stock and bingo a lovely tool.
My previous semi auto .22lr was an Erma M1 carbine copy...much the same as a ruger 10/22 but trickier to improve as there's no aftermarket bits available...the Erma was a prettier gun but not sub MOA accurate with a fairly heavy but crisp trigger....not many self loaders out there that feed great have super accuracy and a great trigger straight from the box....i'll be happy with sub 1 inch at 50m ... that's my target after the mods.

off a rest/bipod off course.
Off to try out my new .22 tonight at the club...going to be on iron's as the weaver rail is still in the post and the crap thing that comes with the gun is not fit for purpose....had the scope ready for a couple month's now....will buy a couple bricks of ammo too!....will post a pic later if I can procure some monster munch.
The Ruger performed faultlessly...I put 150 CCI mini mags through it using the iron sights and even with my terrible eyesight and shooting freehand some of it rapidfire I kept all the rounds in a sub 4 inch group standing at 25yds.......since then a few bits have turned up in the post so I've done a few mods/fitted the optic's.....so far the gun has cost just over £570...trigger was pretty good so I'm going to live with it for a while see how it goes/same with the stock as it's quite chunky and tactile.

Quick pic after a bit off modding
Nice one Mo, I think you'll be pleased how quiet it is with Subsonic ammo. Winchester Super X hollow points work well for me, Eley Subsonic hollow points are really good but often difficult to find. For plinking and target practice SK do a 500rd "bean tin" ( complete with ring pull opening ) which are accurate and cheap.
Looks fooking gorgous mate, Tell me ( A question not a complaint) but isn't the scope set slightly to far to the rear, the mounts like right but the scope looks ( only to my) as if its just a tad to far to the rear to get a comfortable eye relief ??

PS whats the mash hammer for adjusting the rear sights Smile
Its about 3.5 inch eye relief for me (slightly shortsighted) it's a compromise because of the pod , try to use the pod as much as possible for hunting(stable platform) and it's pretty close standing...just suits me i guess....tried one of the other scopes I have first a 1.75x5x32 bushnell ultra HD which I thought with it's compact dimension's would be perfect but I just couldn't get the eyebell far enough back so I ended up putting the 3x9x40 bushnell banner scope I had earmarked for the new air rifle on it...am a large physical specimen at 6ft 3inches tall 19st long arms big feet, long legs I guess we're all different...I usually have to crane my neck to shoot somebody else's scoped gun...the upside is I've only ever been scoped once(.300 win mag)
Other rimfires are about the same eye relief...just looked at them Sako .22lr and the Anschutz .17hmr
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18