Survival UK Forums

Full Version: gun dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
another legal anomay is you can have cartridges for a shotgun without an sgc but nobody will sell you any without one....not all clubs are RFD's (registered firearms dealers) so not all clubs/ranges can sell you ammunition to use on site
I think the possession of shotgun cartridges without a licence is a hangover from the day's before shotgun's were licenced, sort of a grandfathers rights affair SGC rules are a lot less restrictive than FAC rules in almost every area , security/ammunition quantity and storage requirements / suitability criteria / no limit on guns etc etc......as Mort said in another thread the shotgun covers your needs allmost all the time so from a prepping angle the shotgun is king(I would check before you ask anybody for some shell's that this law is still current)
Sorry to revive this thread from the depths of the forum, I thought it better to continue this than to start a new one for the hell of it.

I got my 1st gun today!!! Happy times Smile

It wasn't exactly my dream gun, but with money being a bit tight I went for a budget option until I save the cash to get the ones I really want. Plus the dealer has guaranteed he'll part-ex it once I've got the cash for the ruger 10-22.

I picked up a voere .22lr semi auto with scope already fitted to it for £100. I didn't think the price was bad & within 20 rounds I had it pretty much zero'd for my eyes. The accuracy is great. The only problem I had is the mag holds 10 rounds but getting the 9th & 10th round in is a bit of a bugger. I thought maybe it was just a bust mag but after looking online for new ones, the description on 1 site says it's better to use it as an 8 round mag.

So not exactly my gun dreams, but I'm on my way to getting there.
nice one mate... how much was a new mag? always worth having a spare or two.

Just googled it....semi auto looks very European with its hogsback and straight pistol grip.....like the unusual arrangement in front of the triggerguard as it makes it look like its packing centre fire cartridges(.222 or .22 hornet maybe) might put people of in a stand off situation.....I like it...looks nice Smile
New mags were £45 a pop. I was going to get some more but then thought I'd be better putting the cash towards the guns I really want rather than this. I really only see it as a stop gap until I can afford the others. I justified it as every time I go shooting, I pay £5 for rifle hire. At least now I save that so after 20 visits (won't take too long) I'll be saving cash, plus I'll get some money back when I trade it in. I might save the scope when I part-ex it & put a £10 Chinese eBay jobby on for them. That way I keep the decent one for my next gun.
Ouch £45 is a bit steep if you're not keeping it...may be worth setting up a search for one on ebay then you'll get notified if one gets listed.
Been productive on nights....knocked up another 150 rnd's of .357 in some brand new brass...tried out my homemade COL jig for .38/.357 new plastic caliper(£1.39!!!!! now my nice Teng one can go back in the workshop) and my pride and joy .. Bianchi 580 speed loading strips(it's the little thing's that bring you joy) been wondering for ages how to carry rounds for the 1892...Sorted

picture
Looking good mate. I've only got 22 on my ticket so no reloading for me. Might apply for additional guns at renewal time in 5 years, gives me a chance to demonstrate it's not just a phase & I'm safe to have them.
(28 June 2015, 02:50)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Been productive on nights....knocked up another 150 rnd's of .357 in some brand new brass...tried out my homemade COL jig for .38/.357 new plastic caliper(£1.39!!!!! now my nice Teng one can go back in the workshop) and my pride and joy .. Bianchi 580 speed loading strips(it's the little thing's that bring you joy) been wondering for ages how to carry rounds for the 1892...Sorted

picture

You using those speed strips? They are handy. I generally use the plastic boxes for range duty and just drop a handful of rounds into my pocket when roaming about.

It depends on the firearm. If it happens to be a magazine fed device I usually drop an extra magazine in the back pocket and call it good.
I like the speed strips as a way of carrying a couple of reloads(bought 6 strips)for my 1892 so they can go in a pouch/pocket without rattling and they come out en masse..tried reloading into the gate with them and it's a bit quicker than one at a time out of a pocket just wish I could have the revolver they were made for as a partner to the under lever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18