Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Repacked GHB...Well more like added some superfood style trail mix bags, and a thermal insulated tube to keep water as water in the cold weather. 100 miles...easy...well maybe not easy....easier haha.
Went to buy a couple of boxes of eley "2's" but my local shop doesn't stock them but i can order some....min order 250...thanks but no thanks, wanted them for there compact size/weight for bob...did buy a 12g boresnake and a small bottle oil and cleaning solvent for bob so not a complete waste of time.
Vegetarian pepperoni. Delicious....I hope. Fun prepping for a veggie wife.
but of course, lot of it about!Tongue
Made sloe gin , 5. K s pickled onions, dried more cucs, off to ALDI,S in a bit for more tins from the proceeds of stuff I sold today......out of the blue ........get the f..k out my way don,t try and stop me!
up at 05.45 tomorrow, off to the car boot at Exeter -starts at 0700, never know what I might find!Big Grin i'm after hand tools and anything else I can find-prep wise.
Making sure I keep my primitive skills up to date I have gathered some of the materials to make a Stone Age socketed foreshaft Arrow. The shaft has been de-barked and straightened then sanded down till smooth. The shaft was slightly thicker at one end and this was used as the front of the Arrow giving it a slight forward of centre bias. The knock of the Arrow has been cut and the front bored out using a drill bit by hand to accept the foreshaft. The small foreshaft was made from a piece of Cedar into which a notch was cut to accept the Arrowhead. Tomorrow I will be visiting a park with a large population of Geese to collect some feathers for fletchings, and later on will harvest some stinging nettles for fibre to bind the Arrowhead to the foreshaft, I'll also use this to bind the front and rear of the fletchings. The Nettle fibre gets wrapped around the front of the arrow shaft to strengthen the portion where the foreshaft fits in and also just in front of the knock for the same reason. The final thing I need is some Pine resin to use as a cement to set the point.
(21 September 2013, 23:13)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]The final thing I need is some Pine resin to use as a cement to set the point.

You can get a useful resin from cherry trees too.

I just took delivery of 2 tons of house coal, as a backup for my wood supply.
more tins for the stores
(22 September 2013, 13:31)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 September 2013, 23:13)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]The final thing I need is some Pine resin to use as a cement to set the point.

You can get a useful resin from cherry trees too.

I just took delivery of 2 tons of house coal, as a backup for my wood supply.
Many thanks didn't know that I will look out for some. You get great resin from the Monkey Puzzle tree. The Bone point is attached now with pine resin and nettle fibre twisted to make thin twine. The only thing I couldn't get today were the Goose feathers, pretty poor quality and poor length at the park.