Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked up my howard 350 rotovator that I won on flea bay works great.
Built three pot heaters, working a treat, hardest part was driving all over getting the bits as no one shop had it all!
Lucky bugger UKS ......reminds me got to service mine shortley
Only 5 miles away, £220, completely refurbished 3 years ago, with original manual. Not bad SS
New 1 man tent...wooo!!! Happy me.

This means 'big blue' will be put away for a long time now!
(22 October 2013, 08:37)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]New 1 man tent...wooo!!! Happy me.

In curious. why so happy to have a one man over a larger roomier model?
(22 October 2013, 20:37)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 October 2013, 08:37)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]New 1 man tent...wooo!!! Happy me.

In curious. why so happy to have a one man over a larger roomier model?

Smaller, lighter, lower profile, subtler, smaller ground footprint, faster to put up and take down, easier to carry, takes up less space in the bag/on the bag, not big and blue.
(22 October 2013, 22:31)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Smaller, lighter, lower profile, subtler, smaller ground footprint, faster to put up and take down, easier to carry, takes up less space in the bag/on the bag, not big and blue.

Just remember to take the poles with you this time Wink
(23 October 2013, 08:02)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 October 2013, 22:31)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Smaller, lighter, lower profile, subtler, smaller ground footprint, faster to put up and take down, easier to carry, takes up less space in the bag/on the bag, not big and blue.
Just remember to take the poles with you this time Wink

Haha, that was so stupid! Really glad I had a spare set of poles in the car.

Classic example of not double checking everything when you repack the tent after drying it out. The dumb thing is mate, I then forgot to dry it out after that camp. It wasn't too bad, but not too good either. After the last camp...dried out, repacked EVERYTHING into the bag, and put it in the boot ready for use. I think I'll double up the guy-lines soon. Puppies make that a necessity.
http://cast-iron-stoves.co.uk/assets/ima...ooker3.jpg

Just purchased one of these, for a heat source in my reloading shack.

Also a back up cooker if we have any power outages.

WaylanderCool