Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bet you won't get that song out of your brain for a week!
Just took a look on how to make a still...I have a pressure cooker and a coil of 10mm copper pipe as well as some compression fittings , well within my remit ......will sort it this week .......and no MB the song is gone already ! Lol .
(13 September 2020, 09:11)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Just took a look on how to make a still...I have a pressure cooker and a coil of 10mm copper pipe as well as some compression fittings , well within my remit ......will sort it this week .......and no MB the song is gone already ! Lol .

Let me know if you need any advice, it's a simple process but there are areas that need to be right regarding temperature and type of Wash etc.
(12 September 2020, 04:34)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]!!!BUYING A STILL!!!

You boys are definitely not from Kentucky,,, or West VA, or North Carolina, or most of Tennessee!

I find the very thought intensely disturbing.

Unless you're around people who know how to make them Mort and can advise you, it can be hard to make an efficient still. Buying one will take that error out for you, and as you gain knowledge as to how a still works then you can attempt making one yourself. Denying yourself just because it's not the way real folk do it seems daft.
Cheers.
(14 September 2020, 12:07)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]
(12 September 2020, 04:34)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]!!!BUYING A STILL!!!

You boys are definitely not from Kentucky,,, or West VA, or North Carolina, or most of Tennessee!

I find the very thought intensely disturbing.

Unless you're around people who know how to make them Mort and can advise you, it can be hard to make an efficient still. Buying one will take that error out for you, and as you gain knowledge as to how a still works then you can attempt making one yourself. Denying yourself just because it's not the way real folk do it seems daft.
Cheers.

No Mort I'm from East Yorkshire and we've been doing this before Kentucky or Tennessee was ever heard about.
Many thanks TH ! And yes I will ask for your advice mate .......don’t want to blow up South Wales or wild child .....or me ! I want to do it right and do it safe otherwise what would be the point .....even though I do not drink that much anymore ......barter item is another avenue , besides another skill set , cheers mate !
[quote='

No Mort I'm from East Yorkshire and we've been doing this before Kentucky or Tennessee was ever heard about.
[/quote]

I think I said that!

Didn't I say that?

I think I did.
(14 September 2020, 20:05)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ][quote='

I think I said that!

Didn't I say that?

I think I did.
[/quote]

You probably did Mort.
Ps I've got the recipe for George Washingtons Rye Whiskey if you fancy a dabble
(14 September 2020, 13:01)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks TH ! And yes I will ask for your advice mate .......don’t want to blow up South Wales or wild child .....or me ! I want to do it right and do it safe otherwise what would be the point .....even though I do not drink that much anymore ......barter item is another avenue , besides another skill set , cheers mate !

You can soon get to the stage where you will be self sufficient in high grade alcohol, with enough set by to let mature and barter. The bi products such as Acetone can be saved and you will have a supply of superb cleaner etc. Any Beer, Wine can be distilled to make high proof spirits. If you have a supply of organic Honey you can make Honeyshine which is outstanding. Put it into a barrel for a year and OMG there's nothing to compare. Not many people make it because Honey is expensive. Find a local producer and barter for it, the profit is with you because its cheaper to make alcohol from sugar and distill it than produce Honey, it's a win win situation.
Just to be clear.......MB .....portable solar power pack......the (box) housing ALL gear ...eg battery,charge controller, inverter , and control panel ....incorporating four output points and two Input sources .....the box (I found one in the shed) is W 14” D 10” H 10” and has one handle centred for a good balance ....the solar panel is W 19 “ H 30” and is a fifty watt ......Why would I build one ? ......limited portable power for coms , iPad ,mobiles lights and limited 220 volt ac use , and small enough I can carry it one handed and have power anywhere and silent .....ok the panel could be carried on my back .....or as Mary suggested a trolly of some type or even better .....that mover you posted about that you bought last year.....which I intend to fabricate and copy ( the wheels will be off a wheelchair and I have them ) .